• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sonus Faber Lumina II - Review & Measurements by Erin

MKR

Major Contributor
No worries mate!
Understood, I just wanted to make sure that everyone was getting the up to date information! I still don’t understand why they can’t make speakers that measure well since they have the engineering!
I am not so convinced they have the engineering. But probably, and if so, it is not a matter of can’t, rather won’t. I expect they know exactly what they are doing, see below post where this was already discussed…

Post in thread 'Sonus Faber Lumina II - Review & Measurements by Erin'
https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...eview-measurements-by-erin.50215/post-1801873

MinimumFaze

Forum Donor
I'm late to this thread, but great to see measurements by Erin. Just to follow-up to the discussion on the Sonus Faber "house sound". I have a pair of SF's two-way tower speaker (Maxima Amator) that show a similar HF rise when measured on-axis. Yes, a main motivation was buying furniture to match my living room aesthetic where most boxes (esp KEF and Revel) would be a no-go. My in-room response (UMIK-2 mic in REW) measured at listening position with no toe in is attached. The red curve is post-EQ for the bass region to tame room nodes. My room and speaker positioning is challenging and creates other limitations, but brightness is a non-issue in my particular application.

Attachments

• Maxima_Amator_REW.jpg
    Maxima_Amator_REW.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 29

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, a main motivation was buying furniture to match my living room aesthetic where most boxes (esp KEF and Revel) would be a no-go.
It's funny, the fancy designs have no advantage in my wife's WAF rankings. There really are no style-based rankings, it's just "how big is it, how far into the room is it, and are the wires concealed". Sometimes I show her pictures of big horns, just to anchor her at the extremes.

Moonbase

Are you sure you have the right site with those big horns.
I have to say I have seen the SF Serafino speakers a few times and they do look amazing.
I have luma IIs and with a sub and EQ they sound good.

raindance

Major Contributor
Funny, these measurements totally jive with what I hear when I listen to modern SF speakers, although the audiophool world refers to them as "warm sounding" which they absolutely are not. They are just bright and cold. Sad really, because their earlier efforts back in the late 80's did have a nice warmth - I think people of a certain age remember this and think it is a house sound.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Are you sure you have the right site with those big horns.
I have to say I have seen the SF Serafino speakers a few times and they do look amazing.
I have luma IIs and with a sub and EQ they sound good.
She'd hate those. She wouldn't mind the table.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom