• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker Cables measured and compared! ( finally proof!……lol)

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm disappointed. They didn't measure our favorite. The steel coat hanger. I bet it would have blown the competition out of the water with a F3 of at least 2.8MHz. The bats would be soooo excited with these results. Though... I'm not a bat.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Many years ago I used to debate Creationists. You can take your pick of pseudosciences, e.g flat earthers, conspiracy theorists, political and religious extremists, medical quackery, both climate change alarmists and climate denialists - all of them have something in common. They start off with the belief and then cherry pick evidence to justify their belief. The magnitude of the evidence is then amplified many times over, whilst ignoring conflicting evidence until it fits with their world view. This is the opposite of scientific endeavour where all evidence is considered and given proper weighting, and if necessary, opinions re-evaluated.

There is always a grain of truth in it. I am 100% certain that you can measure differences in speaker cable. The differences might even translate to a miniscule fraction of a dB at speaker output. But then they argue that sharks can detect a drop of blood in the ocean from miles away.

I give up. There is no point arguing about speaker cables.

Last edited:

Descartes

Major Contributor
So much bs is incredible, I am sorry for people who are embezzled by theses scammers!

Hayabusa

I contacted them if they could also do at least one blind test with the most apparent difference they could hear.
Their reaction was very defensive first but they said they would take this suggestion next time. I am curious! Who knows!

defec1

They also should use different amps and speakers in my opinion to see if that their results are consistent in doing so or not.

Taiga

Reviewers need an Audio Thesaurus to have an endless supply of words that really don’t contribute anything tangible.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was wondering when this was going to show up here.

The video:

I’m 100% sure this was posted before on Friday… can’t find the thread anymore though.

diddley

Forum Donor
You got to hand it to Jaap Veenstra. He puts alot of time and effort in this B.S.
But his subjective comments are toe crinching bad. I would never buy a cable from him.
The comments are in ducth but they are all in awe towards Jaap.
But once again he put alot of effort in this, so from me he gets a little respect. but the rest is all b.s. you can expect from alpha audio

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Speedskater

Major Contributor
The tests would be more interesting if they had used a hi-fi power amp to drive the test signals thru the cable.
Even more interesting if they had used a modern hi-fi DAC for the digital signals.
a knowledgeable HAM radio operator would laugh at the test results. Results like that happen when a radio frequency transmission line is incorrectly set-up.

Top Bottom