• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Speaker to My Room

Pmsalsa

Hi! This is my first post and im totaly new on this.
I bought a wiim pro // smsl Su1 // Fosi Audio V3 48v and….. here is my question, wich speakers?
This is gonna be more easy if I have the posibility of listem them but I live in Argentina and we are quite limite for an easy acces to imported things like speakers.
So, after doing a study in the net, youtube, etc I have this opcions for a room of 3x4 mts:
Diamond 12.2 (first option)
Denton 85
Evo 4.2
Polk R200

Any other idea? I listen jazz, soul, R&B, pop, disco, techno, house, acid jazz, all kind of rock (exept too heavy)

Thanks!!!

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Denton 85 or Polk R200. What's an Evo 4.2?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Personally I'd look to not just the small speakers but also a sub to complement. Just trying to connect brands on genres you're interested in is pretty much a dead-end. What are the details of dimensions of your room, where your seating is in the room and where you can place speakers, etc.

OP
P

Pmsalsa

Personally I'd look to not just the small speakers but also a sub to complement. Just trying to connect brands on genres you're interested in is pretty much a dead-end. What are the details of dimensions of your room, where your seating is in the room and where you can place speakers, etc.
Well this is gonna be my “modern” project for the room because i’ve got to restore an AKAI set from the 70’s turntable// amp am 2450// speakers sw 177.
The room is about 3 x 4 metres and the cieling is about 2.80 mts. I think in a sub (SVS 1000pro).
I’m trying to make the triangle with the sweet point and the speakers putting a couch there

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well this is gonna be my “modern” project for the room because i’ve got to restore an AKAI set from the 70’s turntable// amp am 2450// speakers sw 177.
The room is about 3 x 4 metres and the cieling is about 2.80 mts. I think in a sub (SVS 1000pro).
I’m trying to make the triangle with the sweet point and the speakers putting a couch there
Seems to me it would be a waste of time to resurrect an Akai record player from the 70s. Speakers are likely not that good either. Old can be aesthetically interesting to some over audio capabilities, but not really my thing to do old just because it's old. I am old.

rsc1

Depends. If you want a bit more detailed/forward sound, get the R200s. If you want a slightly less fatiguing/fuller sound, get the Elac DBR62. This is what I would get. Since your class D amp might be slightly load dependent and could bring the treble up a touch more, I'd be scared the R200s would be too fatiguing for me in a small room. Also, the Elacs can go closer to a wall because they are front ported. Both great options though. I can't comment on the other speakers as I haven't heard them, but I do know they don't measure as well.
not really my thing to do old just because it's old. I am old.
I'm going to use this quote from now on.

Last edited: