• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denafrips Ares II - is it really worth it?

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
So, asking for evidence of the unlikely means we don't appreciate music.

I see.
Well, duh! I mean, you spend all day staring at an oscilloscope and playing with your slide-rule while real music-lovers are discovering fantastic new phenomena in sound reproduction.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The DAC is just one piece in the chain. Still a different link in the chain can change the sound. Yep, probably a wrong forum if people don't appreciate music and the reproduction of it...or maybe you represent just a very negative attitude toward people that you don't agree with.
This is bizarre.

My interest in this whole business is listening to music as opposed to listening to equipment. Accordingly, I've purchased equipment that is demonstrably about as transparent and faithful to the signal as can be obtained. And yet because I've selected components on the basis of measurements (the best way to ensure high fidelity to the signal), I "don't appreciate music?"

What a load of bovine leavings.

billyjoebob

I got through five minutes before tapping out. He's just one more excessively wordy guy who never bothers to test his own beliefs because it's fun and profitable to play make-believe. Ho-hum.
So there are literally thousands of people in the audio industry.
Some reviewers some engineers some manufacturers.
Seems a common theme that they are all wrong.
This man even credits amir, but said that he simply chose a piece of equipment that did not measure well on this site.
What am I missing here?
ONLY the people who 100% agree with the posted results on this site are the only people that can be trusted and the ENTIRE rest of the industry is wrong?

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
What am I missing here?
Evidence.

There are thousands of people selling homeopathy, astrology, tales of alien abductions with anal probing, magnet therapy... you name it. What do they all have in common? Yup, a lack of actual evidence and dollars to be made from the trusting and gullible.

billyjoebob

Evidence.

There are thousands of people selling homeopathy, astrology, tales of alien abductions with anal probing, magnet therapy... you name it. What do they all have in common? Yup, a lack of actual evidence and dollars to be made from the trusting and gullible.
Yea. Not even remotely the same.
Comparing aliens to audio.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The DAC is just one piece in the chain. Still a different link in the chain can change the sound. Yep, probably a wrong forum if people don't appreciate music and the reproduction of it...or maybe you represent just a very negative attitude toward people that you don't agree with.
Lol

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Yea. Not even remotely the same.
Comparing aliens to audio.

You seem quite determined to miss the point...

Is it really that hard to understand? If it is, I'm so sorry.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
this is one of those threads that has just gone off the rails, with nobody being able to contribute anything new. just repeating their previously held positions. :facepalm:
What rails was it on....the beginning was based on what particularly aside from lack of knowledge?

Slayer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
tales of alien abductions with anal probing, magnet therapy... you name it. What do they all have in common? Yup, a lack of actual evidence
I respectfully disagree.
There seems to be plenty of evidence as some of the postings which have been appearing lately would indicate. Yes, they may have been anally probed. ;)

billyjoebob

You seem quite determined to miss the point...

Is it really that hard to understand? If it is, I'm so sorry.
If the point is that the ENTIRE audio world is wrong and the 20 - 30 hardliners on this site are the only possible humans to have figured it out......
Then yes it is extremely hard to comprehend.
And for that I am sorry.
Enjoy your $9 dongles.

flz

What rails was it on....the beginning was based on what particularly aside from lack of knowledge?
The OP seemed to have a legitimate question (the title of this thread). But I see they left the building a long time ago. Which was the right decision IMO.

Last edited:

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If the point is that the ENTIRE audio world is wrong and the 20 - 30 hardliners on this site are the only possible humans to have figured it out......
And for that I am sorry.
Enjoy your $9 dongles.

You missing the bigger picture , the entire “high end clique” is wrong the “audio world” would probably agree with most of this site .

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The OP seemed to have a legitimate question (the title of this thread). But I see they left the building a long time ago. Which was the right decision IMO.
Don't remember the OP having a lot of further input compared to some of the latest contestants :)

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And for that I am sorry.
Enjoy your $9 dongles.
So you like the fool reviewers and charlatans mostly as "audio world" or the real audio world?

Danddd

Don't remember the OP having a lot of further input compared to some of the latest contestants :)
That's because you don't contribute so much as troll. Although trolling seems this site's main contribution from the Objectism believers.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That's because you don't contribute so much as troll. Although trolling seems this site's main contribution from the Objectism believers.
Who's trolling in a forum such as this with this "listening" nonsense? LOL major input from objective orientation....

Top Bottom