• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Please excuse me if I often seem to "take the other side" of some issue here at ASR.

It's in my nature, maybe, as a statistical outlier.

OP
A

andymok

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Maybe, but...

You're expected to follow the rules when somebody loans you a nuclear powered (and possibly) nuclear armed carrier to command.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/us/politics/coronavirus-aircraft-carrier-roosevelt.html

Thomas B. Modly, the acting Navy secretary, said Captain Crozier was fired because the growing coronavirus outbreak “overwhelmed his ability to act professionally.” The leadership issue, Mr. Modly noted, was that Captain Crozier did not go through the military’s formal chain of command, but sent the letter on an unclassified email system to 20 to 30 people.

The letter created a panic on the ship and among the crew’s families when it was made public, Mr. Modly said. He noted that there was no evidence that Captain Crozier leaked the message.

“In sending it out pretty broadly, he did not take care to ensure that it couldn’t be leaked,” Mr. Modly said. “And that’s part of his responsibility.”

---

It wouldn't seem to be an unprecedented situation...

https://www.google.com/search?q=naval+rules+for+epidemic+onboard+ship&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS778US778&sxsrf=ALeKk00c4OooAMhinYdHmfpJlKmCE5ga6Q:1585984484188&source=lnt&tbs=cdr:1,cd_min:,cd_max:2019&tbm=

He is 50 yo, a veteran, been to war, loved by crew and staff. So no he's not stupid. They could have put him on court martial, but since he's not, I don't think there's much need to be said.

onofno

I'm part of the anti-vaxers.
I've been vaccinated when I was leaving in Africa - from age 1 til 20 - because my father was working there and we - the children - were vaccinated at school by products given to us by a certain Rockefeller who was living in St Barth (St Barthélémy) a tiny french island in the West-Indies. His name was writen on the boxes and on my yellow vaccination booklet that I still have. (The Rockefeller family has still their large house in St Barth).
Then back to France and til now I've got no injections and I'm 68....
When injections will be available to avoid covid 19 I'm not going to get it.
In Switzerland where part of my family is living you are free to get vaccinated or not and 95% of the population are vaccinated. Studies are showing that those not vaccinated , specialy children are in good health.
I've not swalled a product from BIGFARMA since 1989 same for my wife and my two daughters.
I'm not wearing a mask, I use regular soap, I just walk 2km a day at least with my wife.
I avoid all products made with cow milk including cheese and yogurts and dead food...
Dead food does'nt mean meat... it means food that you eat because you like the taste like corn flakes or candies or ice cream or.....
(sorry my english comes from school)

I was born March 18, 1952
If you see stamps from France, it's because my father was working in Tchad, then Togo then Ivory Coast and until mid August 1960 these countries french colonies so people were coming from France to vaccinate us and they brought their stamps with them.

Capture d’écran 2020-04-04 à 12.49.37.png

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Here in the UK people there's been a surge of crowd-printing of masks for medical staff.
I was watching the news and people are making masks and then using vacuum filters in them.

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Here in the UK people there's been a surge of crowd-printing of masks for medical staff.
My 3D printer is on nights and days since 2 weeks for printing face protection I give to hospital near me and to other people in the open shops.

Living room is more a kind of homelab than a living room. The printer produce noise and, well, I am waiting the end of the coronavirus to be able to listen in good conditions, but in my opinion it's more important to print than listen for the moment.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
(sorry my english comes from school)

I see no need to apologize.

My language skills beyond English come to nothing, despite repeated attempts in the past.

Last edited:

maxxevv

Major Contributor
He leaves with his respect and honour intact and his head held high, he did all he could to protect the men and women in his command.

He is the type that can lead troops in a war because his troops know they can implicitly trust their leader with their life.

Don't get me wrong there. I have been through the military service myself.

He the commander who cares more about his charges' well being than his own is the one who will have men charge down walls and through hell and high water for him without him asking.

He has my utmost respect.

I was alluding to the abject failure of leadership from his commander-in-chief.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

I have a sneaking suspicion that his days are numbered, if only due to the majority that populates the opposition.

I would rate re-election as another upset,

But I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling for what will come of that, given the apparent choice for the nominee. I expect it won't be Joe in the end. Or it will, and I'll be surprised again.

As Don Van Vliet once noted, "The dust blows forward, and the dust blows back".

Last edited:

maxxevv

Major Contributor
If and only if the elections can take place safely by then.

I rather not go there in this thread. Too many people treat political allegiences like a religious cult in the US. Its an exercise in frustration exchanging comments in that arena.

maty

Major Contributor
I had a thought last night, going down the road I can see a huge problem with anti-vaxers vs. the rest of society.

Presumably vaccination will be mandatory and whoever does not will suffer serious consequences of all kinds, economic, criminal and others such as loss of rights or custody of the children if they are not vaccinated. Or simple things like paying more taxes.

No access to childcare as it has been in New Zealand since last year.

In Spain we have different identification numbers. When an administrative procedure is carried out, it will be time to verify the vaccination.

By the way, the Spanish and or European vaccine will surely not incorporate alien DNA like that of the United States (X-files series) :p

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Don't get me wrong there. I have been through the military service myself.

He the commander who cares more about his charges' well being than his own is the one who will have men charge down walls and through hell and high water for him without him asking.

He has my utmost respect.

So it was a snarky and provocative politically motivated remark.

Precisely what iv asked folks not to do in this thread countless times . And it seem other posts of yours also ignore this ' request ' .

Thread ban issued to @maxxevv .

carlob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
There is no scientific evidence that zinc can prevent or treat covid, conversely there is scientific evidence that reckless zinc supplementation can reduce copper levels and impair the immune system.
Too much vitamin D can increase calcium levels in blood and lead to kidney failure. I take 2.000 ui daily but I have a vitamin D blood test every 3 months and adjust accordingly. I also suspend supplementation during summer etc.

Self medication with supplements at high doses is never recommended, get yourself tested for vitamin D, copper, calcium levels in the blood frequently and ask a doctor!

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Well then, the entry to the EU of passengers who do not show that they have been vaccinated will be prohibited. And in most countries.

Is there anything like that now for any vaccinations, or do you expect there will be something new implemented?
Hard to imagine how that would play out...

maty

Major Contributor
As soon as there are vaccines, it will return to new normal. Meanwhile, it only remains to overcome the first attack and prepare well for the next.

An effective measure: without the vaccination certificate you cannot renew your driving license, buy / rent a vehicle, access public transport. They would have to live like the Amish.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Well then, the entry to the EU of passengers who do not show that they have been vaccinated will be prohibited. And in most countries.

I don't think my existing passport has any indications of vaccinations I may or may not have received.

Does yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom