• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Having a measurable 'hump' is very different from a 'sonic signature.'

My super sonic silent signature

*Parp*
giphy.gif

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Ooh, nice! I still prefer a minigun (possibly backed up by claymores
At up to 100 rounds per second, range time gets expensive...but those are amazing.
Depends on what your shootin at. The mini shoots those little bitty 7.62x51 NATO rounds, not too effective against anything armored or even close to it.
The Quad 50 (AKA The Meat Chopper) shoots that huge evil monster 50 BMG round. There were M2's capable of shooting up to 1,200 rounds per minute, times that by 4 and you get 4.800 rounds a minute or 80 rounds per second of all hell breaking loose from a Quad 50. Designed by John Browning and entering service towards the end of WW I and still being used by Army's around the world, the M2 (Ma Deuce as it's affectionately known) is one of the most respected heavy machine-guns ever produced.

Na Woody, it's not really mine, I could only wish. :p

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
(Ma Deuce as it's affectionately known) is one of the most respected heavy machine-guns ever produced.

We have to at least mention the 'Hand of God'...the 20mm Vulcan.

Tim Link

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I was on deck once when a 20mm vulcan was fired on the USS Nimitz. Sounded like the loudest fart ever. I could swear the vibrations moved me sideways across the deck half an inch.

Tim Link

Forum Donor
We're getting nowhere with DACs, so the subject has changed!

Robin L

Master Contributor
Lordy, how did things get so violent all of a sudden?o_O

1roger

It still makes your extremely uninformed arguments look even weaker. And I'm not talking about just one sentence. Your online mode of communication looks like trolling.

stating we don`t know all there is to know about audio and science in 2020..and there is no need to be bombastic amount the vast majority of what is known.. is uninformed^^ allright.. you read into this whatever your little heart desire and label accordingly

Tim Link

Forum Donor
I think cars should be dull, at least on sunny days. I'm ok with shiny cars on overcast days.

Robin L

Master Contributor
stating we don`t know all there is to know about audio and science in 2020..and there is no need to be bombastic amount the vast majority of what is known.. is uninformed^^ allright.. you read into this whatever your little heart desire and label accordingly
What I'm reading is that you don't understand "Digital" while requiring the use of "digital" to express your thoughts, IE: Trolling.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Top Bottom