Recent content by ABQdude

1. A

How many audio forums do you follow?

Beyond ASR, I always check Archimago's Musings weekly columns. I only check Audiophile Style's "Album of the Evening" subforum looking for new music. I also check in on AVS Forums for my specific OLED and AV equipment subs.
  2. A

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

As a follow-up to this post, I did an "Ask Audyssey" question about the eventual Mac version of the app: "I have purchased and really like the new program for my Denon X6700H. I am a Mac user but this runs great in VM Fusion with Windows 11. When you do port this program to the macOS, will I...
  3. A

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

Just as a FYI, I am a Mac user on Monterey 12.1 on my iMac Pro (Intel-based) and have successfully used MultEQ-X via the free version of VMWare Fusion 12.2.1 virtualization and Windows 11. I too would rather have a Mac native program though.
  4. A

When did you decide to study STEM major in university? Tips for my daughter?

I knew I loved mathematics in grade school, even had calculus by 8th grade. Went all through high school still loving math and all science. When in college as a math major, I never really got good counseling as to what I could do with math as a major. So mid-college I switched my major to...
  5. A

Need an opinion on the Genelec G Series (G Two vs G Three when paired with the F Two subwoofer)

I have Genelec 8020Ds with a Genelec 7040 sub, corrected via REW , fed via XLRs from Topping DS7s on my desktop on IsoAcoustics stands. The sound is very satisfying. I had considered Genelec 7050 sub but under desk space was limited so thus the 7040. Desk space wise, the 8020s fit very nicely...
  6. A

Best SciFi movies

In no particular order: Quatermass and the Pit (1967) The Day After Tomorrow (2004) 2012 (2009) The Sinking of Japan (2006) The Host (2006) Signs (2002) Shin Godzilla (2016) Gojira (1954)
  7. A

How long have you owned your current speakers for.

Thiel CS2 at least 30 yrs old, still sound great. (tweeters replaced under warranty 1990s) Thiel SCS center and surrounds 20+ yrs. Genelec 8020d desktop 6 months with Paradigm subwoofer.
  8. A

Review and Measurements of Topping DX7s DAC and Headphone Amp

Both the Topping DX7s and D50 DACs share the same issue of the right channel dropout after a few seconds when running a signal to the right channel only in REW. How can I run REW room correction for my setup? Is it possible to get accurate left/right files, or would a single summed L+R...
  9. A

HQplayer not converting PCM to DSD

Also, choosing Auto rate family in the preferences can help lower the CPU load.
  10. A

HQplayer not converting PCM to DSD

And I don't think you should be choosing DoP in the SDM Pack.
  11. A

ESS THD ‘Hump’ Investigation

Is the 9038 ESS hump the same thing that the THD compensation feature in the ESS DAC was to compensate for?
  12. A

Here's what I wrote about this back in September post #272 re my iMac via USB using DX7s: I also wanted to report on interesting findings on using Audirvana and HQPlayer/Roon on the DX7s via USB on an iMac. My music library is mostly ALAC 44.1/88.2/96/176/192. On Audirvana Plus (latest version)...
  13. A

Yeah, I couldn't see any way to do it in macOS High Sierra since the updater is an exe file. I used Parallels 13 with a Windows 10 virtual machine and it all went well.
  14. A

Just to update my earlier report, on the latest version of Audirvana Plus I can upsample all PCM to 705/768 and DSD 256 without any dropouts or clicks/pops. Nice!
  15. A

For my fellow Mac users, I updated the DX7s firmware (via Parallels) and after 3 days no longer have the USB disconnect issue. Also the auto sleep works correctly and wakes up as expected. Excellent!
Top Bottom