Recent content by Ajax

1. Ajax

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

I assume the less expensive electricity is because France's supply is 70% nuclear .... a lesson for those countries help bent on replacomg coal wth renewables.
  2. Ajax

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

That's an "out there" place you call home. Why is the electricity cost so high, how is it generated. In Australia today an electrical bill for a 2 bedroom apartment is around $US100 per month against a rental of around 20 times that = US$2,000 per month. This is very rough and will vary a lot...
  3. Ajax

Schiit Vidar 2 Stereo Amplifier Review

Hi nTa240, I think you may have mis interpreted my comment, which was in response to a suggestion that as class "D" technology was relatively new it had not stood the text of time from a performance point of view, such as A/B amplification. I do not turn over my audio gear (or any other item...
  4. Ajax

Apologies, my bad. I just saw the word "mono" in the first sentence. Anyway I will stick with Buckeye, have nothing but good things to say about Dylan's amps and his attitude. Each to their own.
  5. Ajax

Meaning? That's along time in electronics when you take into consideration the speed at which products are improving. If the Buckeye only lasted say 5 years that's only $105 per annum for excellent amplification. We really do need to put this all in perspective when you consider the outrageous...
  6. Ajax

Not wishing to start a fight but I purchased a Buckeye NC252MP stereo hypex amp over 2 years ago, which drives a pair of B&W AM1 outdoor speakers effortlessly at high volumes. It puts out 120 watts into 8 ohms with balanced inputs, auto sensing on / off with 12v trigger, assembled in the USA...
  7. Ajax

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

In 1993 I took over a suspended ceiling business that was begun in the 1960's by a large property company, which had become surplus to their needs and who wanted to concentrate on large scale development. It comprised mineral fibre ceiling tiles manufactured in Japan located within an aluminium...
  8. Ajax

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

Hi @Mechano23, Firstly congratulations on achieving such an excellent performance to price ratio, this is what this site is all about, great gear at reasonable prices. If you were to add a pair of subs what cross over and slope would you suggest? Please assume a medium size furnished room with...
  9. Ajax

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Can anyone provide an objective reason why Amir (and many others) prefer Towers over Bookshelves + sub. Genuinely interested in the why.
  10. Ajax

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

So am I by requesting Tekton prove that they have suffered hardship before going any further. Again, not a lawyer, however, I have had a lot of experience with contract law in construction disputes. My understanding is that there is a lot of onus on the claimant to show they/he is not being...
  11. Ajax

There is another matter to consider - proof of financial loss. I am not a lawyer but my understanding of the law in Australia is that 1. "A person who wishes to take legal action for defamation must be able to prove that they have suffered, or could suffer, ‘serious harm’. If a corporation is...
  12. Ajax

Good on you Amir for showing solidarity with a fellow reviewer. I have often worried about just this sort of thing happening to you as you have always been forthright in both your measurements and subjective analysis and to the best of my knowledge have shown no favours. The service you and...
  13. Ajax

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

These are obviously great little amps but a "cleaner" solution with the same performance for not much more $ would be a Buckeye 6 or 8 channel 252 Hypex. https://www.buckeyeamp.com/shop/amplifiers/hypex/nc252mp/8_channel
  14. Ajax

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

Hi Bob, ..... I hear you but if you really want to buy expensive under performing Hi Fi there is no better place to bend over than Aus.
  15. Ajax

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

This unit reminds me of the expression "Horses for Courses". I no longer listen to free to air Radio (or TV) so the tuner section is not of interest. The front end of my ideal "budget" system would be the recently reviewed WiiM AMP, a $100 more gets you a streamer (wifi & ethernet), optical &...
Top Bottom