Recent content by akura

1. A

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

If it's that hot, then only thing could be that something is wrong with it. I took some measurements with a digital thermometer a little while back: - Desk (wood): ~22c - L30 Amp (center top case): ~27c - E30 DAC (left side of case): ~28.6c - Macbook (area to left/right of track pad): ~30c My...
  2. A

The JDS Labs one mentioned look pretty nice, they hold their shape so you don't get them trying to lift the AMP/DAC you have on top off the bottom unit which is something that can happen with really short cables. Making some yourself is pretty easy and can be fun if you are interested in...
  3. A

I was caught out by this too, I freaked out for a second thinking that it was some plastic that I wasn't supposed to peel off. But after a while I like that it's probably a little more understated letting it blend in. It makes sense since once you get used to it, there isn't really much of a...
  4. A

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

For reference on temp, I used a thermometer with a laser temp function and it measured a few things. I've had my L30 off all day (power on from point but switched off on amp), it does sit on top of the DAC which has been on and it also sits about 4-5 cm under my monitor. - Desk (wood): ~22c -...
  5. A

Don't notice this on mine, it's been off overnight and doesn't feel warm. At the same time it's not stone cold either so depends on your definition of warm :D
  6. A

Mine looks like this too :D I've got it sitting on a flat powerboard so at least all the weight is going downwards and its reasonably stable. Hanging it off a wall socket looked pretty dice due to the weight. I think the extension cable idea (just plugging this combo into an extension so it can...
  7. A

No worries, seems maybe they are a grey importer I wonder. Maybe something I will chase down when there’s ample stock to order a replacement, it’s not ideal atm but it works fine atm so am happy enough to know there is a correct option available. Thanks!
  8. A

It wasn't from A2A so hopefully that allays concerns. I don't really want to cause problems for the store otherwise though
  9. A

Just got mine from a local distributor and really liking the look, build and sound coming from it (for a starter setup like myself!). Though the power supply is a EU plug and came with an AU adaptor it’s pretty precarious the way it sits! Does topping sell an AU version of the power supply?
Top Bottom