Recent content by Albert190

1. A

Genelec 8040B Versus Neumann KH150 Versus Neumann KH120 II, All to be used with Subwoofer

Pardon, does this mean that only the Neumann KH750 subwoofer can be paired with the KH150's in using this speaker's room EQ software?
  2. A

Genelec 8040B Versus Neumann KH150 Versus Neumann KH120 II, All to be used with Subwoofer

P.S. Another reason I decided against purchasing the Neumann KH150 speakers is that to utilize their built-in room EQ, one must use a Neumann subwoofer. Since I already own very good subwoofers of a different make, purchasing a Neumann subwoofer in addition to the KH150's would have...
  3. A

Thank you everyone for replying. One of the reasons I ultimately purchased the Genelec 8040B as opposed to the Neumann KH 150's, is cost. In addition to the difference in the MRSP, I purchased the Genelec 8040B's at a very good price - being able to get 'Open Box' speakers in like 'Brand New...
  4. A

Spinorama Data is Not Available for Dynaudio LYD 48. LYD 5 Has a High Preference Score But Was Not Recommended by Amir. Are the 48'S Good Monitors?

I just wanted to let everyone know what my decision was. I decided to purchase the Genelec 8040B's. Even though they don't have built-in DSP, I have DSP through my AVR and intend to equalize these speakers, as well as use them with a subwoofer. Thanks again to everyone who responded to my...
  5. A

Until a few weeks ago, when I solicited the advice of members of this forum, I had been interested in purchasing the Dynaudio LYD 48 monitors to replace my Quad 12 active speakers for home use. Members of this forum kindly pointed out some weaknesses in these speakers which has caused me to...
  6. A

Spinorama Data is Not Available for Dynaudio LYD 48. LYD 5 Has a High Preference Score But Was Not Recommended by Amir. Are the 48'S Good Monitors?

Thank you everyone who replied. All of your replies were very helpful. When I look at the Klippel measurements by ASR for the Dynaudio LYD 5, to me, they don't not look so impressive, yet with an ideal subwoofer, the preference ratings with an idealized subwoofer are among the highest of any...
  7. A

Hello: I'm new to the forum and am not a professional audio or recording engineer, just someone who values accurate, detailed, transparent speakers, with great transient response and clarity, especially active ones, which I have, the Quad L12 Actives which have served me very well, but which I...
Top Bottom