Recent content by Amused

1. Amused

Power options?

I use multiple Furman PST-8s for my office/studio. It's the only Furman that I can recommend. I've tried several of their rack mount offerings, but they've all made noise. The PST-8 is the only model that "runs" dead silent. I used to use the Tripp Lite Isobar series, but they too hummed after a...
  2. Amused

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

Measurements aside, this DAC is no doubt impressive, Topping should have invested more into its design to really set it apart as its flagship DAC, especially at this higher price point. At a minimum, they should have implemented the screen from the D70 Pro Sabre. At these performance levels (no...
  3. Amused

Nearfield setup for electronic music (Genelec 8331 + 7350)

That’s the only knock against my Dynaudios. There’s a slight audible hiss from the tweeters at listening distance (I’m about 70 cm away as well) when no music is playing. Otherwise, the monitors sound fantastic.
  4. Amused

Just out of curiosity, do any of you with Genelecs experience any hissing from your monitors?
  5. Amused

What cables do you use in your systems?

Interconnects: DIY Belden and Canare terminated with Canare RCAP, Switchcraft or KLE RCAs Speaker: DIY Belden and Canare terminated with G&H or Neutrik XLRs USB: I don’t like soldering USB connectors, so these were purchased…Lindy Anthra USB 2.0 Power: DIY Supra LoRad 2.5 terminated with...
  6. Amused

Very interesting. I considered a similar Genelec combo for a NF setup, but ultimately went Dynaudio + JL Audio. My monitors are propped 8 in. above the desk at ear level, sub below right monitor by wall offset 18 inches and crossed around 90 Hz. For nearfield listening in a modest space, I find...
  7. Amused

FS: RME ADI-2 DAC FS AKM v2

Thanks for the reply. The DAC looks to be in good condition, how would you rate it? Also, do you have all the packaging and literature? Thanks!
  8. Amused

FS: RME ADI-2 DAC FS AKM v2

Hi, is this still FS?
Top Bottom