Recent content by andresdelnorteh

1. A

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

I got rid of my wiim mid 2023 because it still wasn't fixed
  2. A

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Does anyone know if Wiim has fixed the Deezer API integration yet or does it still disconnect constantly?
  3. A

What do I realistically need to drive a pair of 225w speakers?

It's not an attention span thing bruv, it's a terminology thing. I can stare at a tech term I don't understand for ten minutes, it doesn't mean I'll start to understand it or even know what I should be googling to start.
  4. A

Thank you for this. I think I am beginning to understand.
  5. A

Don't worry, I'm out of here. I don't need any more assistance since it's totally lost on me anyway. It's specifically a thread for newbies but you'd never guess that from how people try answering questions. It's actually sort of maddening. I appreciate everyone tried but it's like people...
  6. A

I guess I'm just confused. The manual appears to say it has 8 ohm output but it seems people are saying that's wrong but I can't figure out why. And I think techies dont appreciate that most people just don't know about this stuff like at all so sometimes helpful answers are not super helpful...
  7. A

I deleted my comment. Sorry if I was out of line.
  8. A

If I may, I have one last question. Your help has been greatly appreciated. The Onkyo amp, which I may end up going for if I can't find a Yamaha model comparable to the one you recommended, says this in the manual. Does this mean it should be 8ohm impedance in Canada? Rated Output Power (FTC)...
  9. A

Its been my experience that people on tech forums often give blunt answers that don't seem to have any purpose other than tell the person they're wrong about something and demonstrate their own knowledge. Which is fine if they're being helpful but if he's not even going to attempt to answer the...
  10. A

I'm in Canada. I do know you can lower the impedance to 4 and 6 on the app when setting it up. Does that mean it's not truly 8 ohm? Also the Yamaha looks great but seems to be discontinued, at least in Canada. Can't even find it used.
  11. A

Your response is greatly appreciated. Just one thing though - the Onkyo website seems to say they're rated to 8 ohms, not 4. Is there something I'm missing...
  12. A

In my younger days I was a little too ambitious and bought a pair of JBL Venue series Stadium speakers. They're 8ohms, 225w, 91db. I've been using an adequate Sony home theatre receiver but I'm going to move to a 2 channel unit which can stream Deezer through the wifi. I really like the Onkyo...
  13. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

It is Wiim's problem because their product doesn't work with Deezer's new API. What do you suggest? Deezer roll back their API just so it works with this one product on the market?
  14. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

Logging out and in fixes the problem for about 10-20 minutes and then it defaults back into trial mode.
  15. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

Well one month since they promised to fix the Deezer problem and they still haven't. I wish they would just tell me to go buy a new reciever or switch to tidal since they don't plan to fix it
Top Bottom