Recent content by AscendDF

1. A

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Higher voltages aren't the issue, the limiting factor for receivers' or amplifiers' output capabilities is current demand and thermal issues (which are directly related, high current = high heat generation). Low sensitivity combined with lower impedances is indeed a problem, even more so if you...
  2. A

Just the opposite, these are true 8 ohm nominal speakers. The *higher* the impedance, the easier the workload for an amplifier. The lower the impedance, the higher the current demand, it is basic Ohm's Law. The S1V2 do like power though, but they are an exceptionally easy load for any...
  3. A

I am not sure where you are seeing that rated power (wattage) for your RZ50. The published specs list the power at 120 watts into 8 ohms. I believe Amir's test indicated about 130 watts. That stated, that is still plenty of power, and at a 10 foot distance, should be able to reach peaks of ~...
  4. A

Mini-review Ascend ELX Ribbon Tower …

Not due to MLSSA, simply due to differences in aligning the speakers to the fixed microphone, which is not a simple task in a production environment.
  5. A

There is no high frequency rise in the treble. It is important to understand that the supplied measurements are accurate, but not anywhere near to the accuracy or resolution of the NFS. These are production line measurements, and the measurements for our towers are taken with the speakers...
  6. A

Equalized in MLSSA means that microphone calibration has been loaded and is being used.
  7. A

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

When combined with a turntable, Clio is a decent measurement device. I’d rate it on par with REW and just behind LMS and MLSSA. Comparing CLIO with the Klippel NFS is like comparing an old black and white TV to modern day 4K televisions. There is absolutely no comparison with regard to accuracy...
  8. A

I fully agree with you! Perhaps the resolution to this falls on our (the small manufacturer's) shoulders? I have been in this industry for nearly my entire life, and I have never witnessed anything like this before. This is just so damaging on so many different levels.
  9. A

I can see the contrast, but I have always fully relied on measurements throughout my entire career (which started back in 1985 or 86). I have used basically every measurement tool available at one point of another. From real time spectrum analyzers, then later to swept sine wave devices, to...
  10. A

What a mess this has become. I have had many correspondences with Erin (and also Amir) and while they have different approaches and different personalities, they both seek the same thing, truth in audio. In my professional opinion, this is highly valuable. Both of them are tremendous assets...
  11. A

Feel free to contact me by email. I'll have to find the data for you, I am a bit unorganized right now, but I will make it happen. And yes, theoretically, you should be able to correct for this by comparing the 2 measurements. We actually do this all the time so we can get more accurate...
  12. A

I think you might be confusing the Klippel NFS with one of the many other Klippel measurement devices.
  13. A

I called in a favor with SEAS a while ago and sent them a speaker to measure in their chamber to compare with our Klippel NFS measurements of the exact same speaker. Accuracy was not only comparable, but shockingly close all the way down to the low frequency limitations of their chamber, where...
  14. A

Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX Review

No, it is actually an integral part of the performance of this tweeter.
  15. A

Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX Review

As a manufacturer, there are several reasons. Merchant protection laws require shipping to the billing address. We have been victims of fraud more times than I care to remember. The very real risk of damage during the testing process. I have scratched / dinged countless speakers testing them...
Top Bottom