Recent content by Atmosphered

1. A

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

Has their been a stated specific reason as to why Bruno recommends the 1656 with his Purifi modules? A particular "house sound" characteristic or signature perhaps?
  2. A

The op-amps are the TI OPA1612 chips. You would have to talk with Buckeye to see if they have considered upgrading those chips to Bruno's recommended TI op-amps, at least on their Purifi amps. Of course, that would probably also mean upgrading the circuit boards being utilized in Dylan's...
  3. A

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

So, if you have a well treated room with acoustic absorption, bass traps, and different types of diffusion methods (usually 2D and 3D) is ART quite as "necessary" compared to having a room with little to no acoustic treatments? From people's description of ART it comes across as a kind of...
  4. A

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

When did they say this? The last I checked, they had gone silent on the matter of DTS: X Pro. As for the Monoprice HTP-1 they have that on the schedule right after Dirac ART is implemented and that was stated by the head of Monolith gear development. Their in-house HTP-1 is running the DTS: X...
  5. A

The settings for a static encode are within the Dolby Atmos Production Suite software. You can lock the mix to fixed speaker configurations or you can allow for dynamic object encoding.
  6. A

The caveat is that home Atmos encodings may be of the fixed/static variety like many Disney 4k Blu-ray releases up until the most recent. That basically means they told the Atmos encoder to create a 7.1.2 or 7.1.4 channel-based track rather than one with scalable, dynamic 3D objects. If that's...
  7. A

Monolith HTP-1 AV Processor Measurements (June 2023 Firmware + User Testing)

There are included shorting pins. The manual says to put the pins across 1 and 3 on the XLR inputs. It also says by using them with the RCA inputs it raises the gain and helps cut down on noise, but does not mention if the gain is pushed above the stated 1.2V in the specs. I would assume the...
  8. A

Monolith HTP-1 AV Processor Measurements (June 2023 Firmware + User Testing)

I'm about to hook my new HTP-1 up to my system tomorrow. I'm a bit new when it comes to all this talk of maximizing the dynamic range and SINAD of the HTP-1 and using the gain sensitivity setting to help. My trouble is that I have a mix of amps right now, and so I am a bit flummoxed as to how...
  9. A

Denon 2023 range X3900H/X4900H/X6800H announcement....!!??

I understand that. The OP wanted to know some of the differences.
  10. A

Triad In-Room Gold LCR Speaker Review (by ErinsAudioCorner)

A waveguide would have narrowed the tweeter's dispersion. Some people like a somewhat wider apparent soundstage. There are compromises in most any speaker design. It's which ones you can live with.
  11. A

Denon 2023 range X3900H/X4900H/X6800H announcement....!!??

The Marantz AV10 includes better DAC's, seems to measure well (or at least a lot better than most Marantz models of the past), and does 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos and DTS: X processing rather than 9.1.4 in the 6800 (remember, any sub out past one is derived via bass management - both units have four sub...
  12. A

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

The vinyl resurgence is nostalgia. That's about it. It's like all these modern TV shows and movies trying to recreate 80's (and sometimes 70's) styles, cultures, and themes. Given a well produced and engineered high resolution digital recording packaged as uncompressed or losslessly...
  13. A

Triad In-Room Gold LCR Speaker Review (by ErinsAudioCorner)

These are sold by AV integration dealers, so there is a middleman profit margin built-in. They are also hand built in the U.S., so I would assume Triad is not hiring, in essence, indentured servants to craft their products on the cheap.
  14. A

Someone with integrity. I admire that.
  15. A

Thanks for the clarification, Dylan.
Top Bottom