Recent content by Baudrillard_J

1. B

Technics SL 1210GR2 Turntable

There is nothing racist in comparing the industrial performance and manufacturing quality and practices as the aggregate result of all underlying forces that operate and converge to produce the industrial output within a defined manufacturing entity. It is customary to define these entities at...
  2. B

So pretty much you want me to quote here trade secrets that only the Panasonic C suite is made aware of. Internal knowledge of manufacturing differences between plants that only Panasonic could posses. I will tell you what. You go ahead and claim that Malaysia has better manufacturing than...
  3. B

Foolish is anyone who would dare put in writing the claim that Malaysian manufacturing is better than Japanese. In any sector. The scientific research is there, anyone can search for a comparison between Japanese and Malaysian manufacturing and read the literature.
  4. B

I see many people here -and I already predicted that in my prologue- that are taking apart my OP and trying to debate on everything. I will disappoint you all, I will not go down that rabbit hole. This is my experience and this is how I view it and anyone reading it can make their own decision...
  5. B

Mike a dj turntable if you want to be so naive is one that will play a record without much consideration for wow & flutter due to the noise and level of music in a dance hall. Anything else is an audiophile turntable.
  6. B

In any case since this thread is for the Technics SL1200GR2 which is in effect a $400 more expensive SL1200GR with -as far as I am concerned- inaudible improvements I will share here my experience after a year of owning an SL1210GR for the sole purpose of warning others of probable pitfalls of...
  7. B

ifi Zen Phono Review (phono stage)

Definitely not a good sign. Which adds to my fears that iFi products may be manufactured with planned obsolescence built-in. My Zen Phono which is a year old is still ok. But my DAC, the iFi iDSD started having screen glitches almost right after the cut-off date on the warranty. Mind you this is...
  8. B

But was it not Bang & Olufsen that started it all? https://beocentral.com/beogram4000
  9. B

I can see why this was rare back in the day, limitations of the technology at the time, especially the electronics (not really but from a low-cost, mass production point of view) but today, with the available sensors and miniaturization of microprocessors this should be pretty straightforward...
  10. B

I can see why you feel that way, it seems like a great platform if a bit abandoned these days. It’s a pitty because it seems it solves many of the issues found in a tangential setup. I don’t know what other issues it introduces but I’m sure there is something and I am not referring to the...
  11. B

Hi, I’ve never had the pleasure of auditioning a linear-tracking turntable, how does it compare vs. a tangential arm tt? I mean yes I can Google it, I am interested in your personal experience with them.
  12. B

To quote Tom Cruise from the “Eyes Wide Shut” scene in which he infuriates his wife in the film (and at that time also in real life) played by Nicole Kidman by saying: “That’s understandable…”. One must be scraping for pennies as a warranty repairer for Technics.
  13. B

For what is worth, according to a comment on this video by user pjsanantonio from a supposed reponse he got from Technics for the same issue (I’ve seen the same response but for other cases being quoted elsewhere): “Considering the high precision motor control and rotational accuracy developed...
  14. B

@JP If I read the graph correctly the platter shows a min of -0.025mm and max +0.025mm which is what, like -0.0001” to +0.001”? For the flat record you have a min of -0.1mm and max +0.125mm which is what, -0.004” to +0.005 for a total deviation of 0.009”? 0.009” is the smallest number I got...
  15. B

Thank you for including the graph and confirming the numbers to be within spec. My comment about flatness of medium was general and not pointed towards you or anyone for that matter. I will take a closer look at the graph.
Top Bottom