Recent content by bboris77

1. bboris77

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Their response makes me actually want to try one of their amps.
  2. bboris77

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I like Erin in general, but it did rub me the wrong way how he kept saying that the damaged amp is going to go into the trash. It kind of implies that this is where it belongs and creates an impression that these amps are disposable. To be fair, I felt similar about Amir’s old review of the Sony...
  3. bboris77

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Has anyone been able to purchase the 2024 version with volume adjustable preamp outputs from Amazon? I’m just wondering if it is only available from their own website.
  4. bboris77

Schiit Vidar 2 Stereo Amplifier Review

Ok, rather than arguing with you, I will provide a quote from Jason Stoddard, the designer of these amps: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up.701900/page-1607#post-13707858 He says: "Some mechanical noise is typical of most...
  5. bboris77

I know, it’s ultimately about qc quality and luck. However, the odds are much higher that a high power/capacity transformer such as the ones used in class AB speaker amps will have some audible and physical vibration. At least that has been my experience from dealing with them.
  6. bboris77

@amirm, did you notice any transformer hum/buzzing coming out of the unit during your testing? It is a fairly common issue with many class AB power amplifiers and receivers that annoys me and may eventually push me to a class D speaker amplifier.
  7. bboris77

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

I have a very specific question for anyone that may be using both rca and balanced inputs and is connecting a subwoofer: Do you need to readjust the volume level on your subwoofer whenever you switch from balanced to unbalanced input on your ZA3? I’m planning to use both inputs and it would be...
  8. bboris77

XMOS driver settings for no cutoff/delay

If I were @SMSL-Mandy, I’d be contacting Qobuz to figure out how they are managing to keep these XMOS devices from going to sleep. It ought to be a fairly simple/trivial fix that would keep a lot of Mac users happy. I know we tend to be forgotten since we’re in the minority, but we are fairly...
  9. bboris77

XMOS driver settings for no cutoff/delay

OMG, this workaround actually 100% worked. This means that solution is very simple but someone has to write a piece of software that does this in Mac OS.
  10. bboris77

SVS SB-3000 - inside pics, specs and thoughts

What about low-level rumble when LFE knob is turned all the way up (to LFE)? Mine SB-1000 does this and it also has a very low-level hiss that sometimes gets very quiet, and sometimes a little bit more audible. SVS is sending me a spare plate amp to see if makes any difference. It really is not...
  11. bboris77

YAMAHA A-S701 - tear-down, thoughts about the internals & few measurements

Yes, fortunately I did not overtorque the other side. Still fairly disappointed that it broke at all as I’m fairly gentle with my equipment. The sheet metal that the posts screw into must be fairly thin to wear out that quickly. Lesson learned - I’ve gone back to banana plugs now on my other stuff.
  12. bboris77

When you say 2 piece assembly - do you mean two different binding post modules with 4 posts each? Because, the one for the right speaker is working perfectly fine. I only need the one for the left speaker (which is on the right side lol). Unless you mean the 4-post module comes in two parts...
  13. bboris77

So, some good news. Yamaha Canada is willing to sell me the part for about $35 including shipping. They are saying that the correct part is WU987400. The part is not stocked so it may take up to 5 weeks but I’m ok with that. The replacement process should be fairly easy but I would appreciate...
Top Bottom