Recent content by Belgik

1. Belgik

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

Of late, I've been listening solely to Bob Dylan, chronilogically. And I don't dislike it.
  2. Belgik

First impression of the SMSL PL200 CD Player/DAC

Grazie per il complimento Italiano...I don't speak Italian, spañiolo e francese yes, and I'm sorry now, I'm old and ill, I could have very easily learned your beautiful language, as I learned Spanish. We just came back from the cinema, we saw "C'è ancora domani" and I have cumulative...
  3. Belgik

I would ask for a refund, I'm not certain "how good" these people are, there's only one way to find out, €700+ is not "valuta di gelato". I'm happy with the player purely as CD machine, all the other "functions" are ... to be discovered, but ...I don't really care I read about all these tifosi...
  4. Belgik

Buona sera Luca. No, it plays my CD'S without fail, so far. I used the PL200 as main CD player for the last two months, but now I've reinstated my old Onkyo 7030 as main CD, it's just fine. The PL200 now serves as CD-headphone combination...depending on the initial CD and the quality of the...
  5. Belgik

extremism in opinions

Howdy Ron, You mention "rude"... the U.S. portion of my life education always placed great, exaggerated perhaps, emphasis on "avoiding rude language". And I wish to uphold such, or very similar, standards. That's the pink stratus... I'm extremely, outrageously "shocked" upon hearing (and...
  6. Belgik

Epic Road Trips

Reading -er, scanning- these posts, and the photo's, are like digging up memories, which I'm, it must be said, too good at. America's a beautiful country, much maligned by too many, tall trees catch wind...policy might be better, but who's ever been perfect? Nowadays going to America has...
  7. Belgik

What are you folks listening to right now?

Bob Dylan's "Rough and Rowdy Ways"...based on some favorable reviews, I'd bought this album when it first came out, listened to it and filed it away. Subdued sound, blurry instruments, "hit" potential inexistent... Recently I gave it another listen, in bed, on headphones, and, hu-huh...Dylan...
  8. Belgik

s.m.s.l. PL200 player - how is it turned OFF?

No issues, language is a complex matter, and I guess we're living in times where a simple statement is oft just as difficult as turning electronics on or off. Unfortunately. And, whilst I appear to be getting more dumb day by day, as old men might appear, it isn't true. We need to be thankful...
  9. Belgik

Er...thank you...but I don't grasp the true nature of your reply. It's not uncommon for electronics to be "on standby", usually indicated by a little red light and, visibly, not much more. In the case of a TV modem, it avoids having the software perform a reset. For a 1991 Onkyo amp, I wonder...
  10. Belgik

I tend to agree that a lot is lost in translation...
  11. Belgik

Some would state the obvious: push the red button on the remote control, or long push button no. 8 for about 2 seconds. As per actual fact, and per the "User Manual", "the machine will stop playing and turn off MOST of the power". Why would that be? Why not all? Is that, for any reason, useful?
  12. Belgik

Mine arrived yesterday, a €739 package deposited by South-American forest logistics right in front of my garage in plain view of any passer-by on the street ...but all is well. Beautiful small and surprisingly heavy, full aluminium metal. It'll be a while before I come to full grips with all...
  13. Belgik

Cruise vessel stuff!
  14. Belgik

I read History a lot, and Classical is very much like digging into that: complex and, at times, fascinating.
  15. Belgik

I like much music from the latter 1960's and first half of the '70 decade but, much of it, I've heard so often that "they don't do anything for me". Luckily, there's Dylan, and the stuff I don't know and the historical classical challenges...
Top Bottom