Recent content by Benesyed

1. Benesyed

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Would love for topping to make this with some nice pretty materials and cool design. Would pay extra for that as long as the bones remained solid like they are here.
  2. Benesyed

ZMF Caldera Headphone Review

Fair enough. I prefer them over my DCA but based on FRC probably not for everyone esp blind buy.
  3. Benesyed

I thought the performance of my Caldera was superior to my Expanse. Of the headphones I own it's the one I use the most. However most over 1K heights are not really worth it when you have EQ available
  4. Benesyed

I don't think there will ever be one universal headphone FRC but it would be nice for many people to have a cheaper version of the E3. Even if the ASR curve is not my ideal the data suggests for many people it is and an accessible version of that would be great.
  5. Benesyed

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

I wonder if there's something off about my open box expanse that I was not at impressed by them as other people. Maybe I'll see if I can send them into to DCA to have them inspect it if its an option
  6. Benesyed

Not sure what to tell you! Bass boosted in the sense that many techno and prog house DJs mix with headphones that are flat or even downslope in the bass response (DT880s). So a linear response may be relatively bass boosted compared to the mix and a bass boosted response maybe much more than...
  7. Benesyed

2+ months of ownership now and I still prefer stock tuning of these to Stock DCA for most of my listening. I think the biggest reason are two linked reasons. Firstly, most of my music listening is electronic music and the bass response on the DCA mixed with the already bass boosted nature of...
  8. Benesyed

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

I hear a click when I press on the ear cups esp the right side.
  9. Benesyed

I've owned these now for 2 months. All in all good headphones but ultimately I find I prefer other open backs. I think it's because these are still fairly isolating and compared to my caldera or other open backs they still feel very closed in. I have not tried the Dan Clark E3 but I would...
  10. Benesyed

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

I never look at the votes. I just treat that as a social thing, like likes on Facebook. It isn't anything substantive.
  11. Benesyed

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

Looking forward to checking out the E3, the stealth did not end up being a great option for me for unclear reasons. Expanse have been great and probably my second most often used pair
  12. Benesyed

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Overall I really like this device, some wish-list items for a future iteration: 1. Better labeling of the volume wheel: The black dot on black dial makes it hard to see what the volume is at. It also would be nice to label the full range of the wheel. 2. Battery life indicated: even a basic...
  13. Benesyed

Yes they are a very closed open back. I actually use them as a portable closed back option.
Top Bottom