Recent content by bibi2000

1. B

Questions about value of miniDSP vs current setup

If your source is only a PC, you may consider a DIRAC Live Licenses to deal with the listening room correction beside the UMIK-1 measurement & REW.
  2. B

2.1 Setup - Dirac Integration & MiniDSP SHD Options

here my set up: tv -> (Optic) MiniDSP SHD Studio (Coax) -> Topping E70V -> (XLR) BOXEM A 5517/N2 -> Kef LS50 Meta (Coax) -> Khadass Tone -> T-rel Mini Mk3 I got the MiniDSP SHD studio in second hand and its coworking with the external DACs is just clean and great. If you want keep the E50 DAC...
  3. B

Your Thoughts: Upgrading my setup from a NAD 758v3

Update: After buying a MiniDSP SHD studio, I did just directly to the following set up : tv -> (Optic) MiniDSP SHD Studio (Coax) -> Topping E70V -> (XLR) BOXEM A 5517/N2 -> Kef LS50 Meta (Coax) -> Khadass Tone -> T-rel Mini Mk3 Few words...
  4. B

boXem A series

I am not a expert but to make it simple, it would depend on your speaker impedance, its max-min power requirement. In addition, the sound level you want to get from your system has to be considered (ref message #50). In my case with the DAC 4V max @XLR input and the Kef Meta LS50 power...
  5. B

boXem A series

8 ohm is for the speaker impedance. Usually the consumer market speakers are 2, 4, 6, or 8 ohms impedance. Beside you have the speakers sensivity given by xx dB.
  6. B

First "Audiophile" DAC/Amp for LS50 Meta

Actually, I did change my system from a Home Cinema (NAD T758v3 & Qacoustic 3050 - was ok) to the following system: TV - Optic -> MiniDSP Studio (Dirac is no brainer) with Volumio - Coax ->Topping E70V - (Mogami XLR)>Boxem A 5517/N2 -> Kef LS50 Meta & - Coax->Khadas Tone Dac-> T-Rel Mini Mk3...
  7. B

boXem A series

At home as well :). Rock Solid form factor! Hooked to 2 Kef LS50 meta with a Minidsp SHD studio (volumio) & Topping E70V + a little T-REL mini Sub. The whole family is already Enjoying its soundstage/Clarity a lot before receiving Supra Ply 3.4 shielded speaker cables and doing a whole system...
  8. B

Hi Bohdi, Yep, its bit a bit irrational :) The REL shoebox is giving a nice flat bass response between 35Hz to 80 Hz. It is Really ok for me and complementary to LS50 Meta (I am not looking for 20-35Hz boom boom range). The "little" issue with the T758's vs. Kef LS50 is a "small" loss of...
  9. B

Hi Althezad, Thank you for your return. I will start by this first steps and eventually later upgrade other aspects (first Little room optimization as our sofa is sticked to the wall). I am looking forward for the Boxem units by end of January and I will report the subjectives improvements (I...
  10. B

Its very encouraging! I have a T758V3 as well, After upgrading my speaker to 2 LS50 Meta & one T-Rel Mini the sound was "good" but distortion appears with complex sound stage. It becomes obvious that my AVR reach its amps limit :) with 8 ohms speakers, To get more confort with the speaker I...
  11. B

Noob tutorial DIRAC computer + DAC for 2.1/2.2 setup

I do use Dirac Live with 2.1 with a NAD 758v3 driving a T-rel Sub & 2 Kef LS50 Meta. soon it will receive a Boxem A5517/N2 to drive the Kefs.
Top Bottom