Recent content by BigBeard

1. B

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

i am hoping someone with a confirmed "good" batch supplied by a retailer would post what their serial number starts with, here.
  2. B

I am worried the amp I bought a couple of weeks ago may end up with the error too. any way to induce it? They should at least let us know what batch of serial numbers are at least fixed.
  3. B

VMV D2R and VMV P2

anyone listen to the VMV P2? How would you expect it to compare to the Topping A70 pro?
  4. B

how does the listening experience compare to the Topping L70? Would the A70pro fare better with my HD800? Has anyone listened to the SMSL VMV P2?
  5. B

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

I just got L70 in and am comparing it to my THX789. Listening with my HD800 and SMSL VMV D1 Dac There is hardly any difference between the two amps. The 789 actually sounds like it has a much cleaner background - something I prefer. I am also thinking the L70 may be defective. When I change...
  6. B

Recommended subwoofer pairing with KEF LS50w?

do you set the bass extension to speakers to low when using a subwoofer with the KEFs? Any benefit to not doing this?
  7. B

Overview of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

I doubt this was the case, as once the drop opened, it was sold out in a matter of hours (or less, I don't remember), and they received the money from all us buyers. Either way, the larger issue is not notifying people until the day it was supposed to ship.
  8. B

yeah I got the email too. they gave a $10 credit to use on the next purchase (bs credit). I can't believe we wont see this till the end of June. What the hell is taking so long. Even if 1 guy made these solo he could have made these amps in the same time frame.
  9. B

QOBUZ IN AMERICA

Tidal has improved since in the past 2/3 years, but spotify's catalogue and presentation is far better. It is only the quality that keeps my away. If they offered hi-res streaming, I would cancel tidal in an instant (I find that tidal pushes a certain genre of music/artists - bad for discovering...
  10. B

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Managed to get one this morning. Pulled out my CC in the gym and ordered. I am glad I did, because by the time I got to my lab it was sold out. A question: if I buy a SE to XLR adapter, will I be able to take advantaged of the increase power output when using balanced? Want to drive the HD800...
  11. B

thanks for the review. I managed to order one in today's drop...hopefully it doesn't really take till May to ship. How long did you wait for yours, in comparison to the state estimated ship date? One thing about a DAC sounding different...the different between my schiit Bifrost uber and smsl...
  12. B

Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum Headphone Amp (Alex Cavalli) is out today

tube amp with greater resolution and dynamics than solid state? I had my eye on this amp, but purchased the massdrop 789 instead today. I am interested in listening to both.
  13. B

IFi pro ican or thx 789

Thanks for the input; it is very helpful knowing you actually have the amp. I guess I will wait for the 789 to come back into stock, as resolution/clarity is my ultimate goal.
  14. B

IFi pro ican or thx 789

Any experience or measurement of the pro ican? I know the two amps are in price categories, but the thx 789 is currently unavailable. What i look for in an amp is complete transparency. But, the bass boost feature of the ifi may be useful with my fostex headphones, while using my seinheisser...
  15. B

Review and Measurements of SMSL VMV D1 DAC

How do i access settings on tbe DAC, other than input toggle and standby? Do i have to use the controller? I don't see this spoken about in the manual it came with. Edit: got the battery and accessed menu. The default setting for what I assume is for synchronous clock mode. Should i change it...
Top Bottom