Recent content by BigMiIke

1. B

AVR upgrade on a budget: Sony AN1000, used NAD 758 or…?

Did you end up getting the Sony? How do you like it if so
  2. B

First time using a DAC - sounded like sh1te

I’m not sure how I would look at Soundcard settings
  3. B

These are just a simple set of nearfield speakers that look nice on the desk and actually pump real nice clean sound at a surprising level. I used the DAC to get 192 out of the Mac - Apple Music.
  4. B

I wouldn’t know where to adjust the gain ; the DAC is simplistic. Would it be in the midi?
  5. B

The DAC is definitely coming out - it sounds sht when compared. I’m going to use it another setup to give it a fair shake; non powered speakers.
  6. B

Don’t get me wrong the sound is not muzzled and it’s not unlistenable. However, when compared to the regular set up, there’s no comparison there’s just more power and oomph coming out the Mac directly to the AE3 speakers & sub.
  7. B

Ahh…. Absolutely fantastic explanation- I really appreciate it.
  8. B

I have a 27 inch iMac - Apple Music - out to a topping DS10 ( rave, reviews, across-the-board) out to Audioengine 3 desktop powered speakers & sub - nearfield. I was able to achieve the elusive 192 from Apple Music - hi res bliss oh baby —- sounded like shit - I went to 96 - and to 48 / no...
  9. B

Fiio R7 questions

- it says it only works with powered speakers; is this more for an Audioengine computer desk setup ? - is there a way to run tower speakers with the fiio r7 ? Am I running it into an amp then out to speakers ? Would a Sonos amp work? - would this be worth it with powered bookshelves?
  10. B

Can one of you gurus rescue me from my brain

Thank you for that detailed explanation- fantastic. I fully understand now. I saw a YouTube video from Darko about accessing the 192 from an iPad - I’m sure he was sending it to an amp then out to speakers not a home theater avr - in any event it caught my eye and I was hoping I could get in...
  11. B

Can one of you gurus rescue me from my brain

Did you send the signal to a receiver?/ avr ? If so, what inputs did you go into? And did you use RCA? Thx
Top Bottom