Recent content by bonesy

1. bonesy

Geshelli Lab Erish coming soon

RCAs = Ghent Audio. Pretty sure they were their second cheapest but they're solid and only about a tenner each. XLR interconnects = NoBull XLRs. Proper solid. I assume they're more pro-oriented but for the price they've always suited me. Their XLRs are metal and built to last. XLR...
  2. bonesy

Geshelli Lab Erish coming soon

My Erish just arrived. I went for the clear perspex and matte black body. First thing I have to say is that the customer service, information and delivery was first class and all my communications with the company were brilliant. Somehow it was dispatched from America on Monday and landed on...
  3. bonesy

Hi, headphone buying advice

For this upgrade I wanted "solid bass impact and with clean and inoffensive mids and trebles" so that was the clincher and they deliver that.
  4. bonesy

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I couldn't justify the X's £1150 price tag so went for the 2C's and they're brilliant. I took a chance as I'm not able to audition them but I'm very impressed. They're heavy but comfortable. Edit to say I got them for £749 which I'm happy with.
  5. bonesy

OK, thanks very much. It sounds like I might have to save for the Focals as I'm actually happy with the bass impact/mids on the HD660s for techno/tech-house/DnB but want something more sensitive for acoustic tracks and rock/reggae.
  6. bonesy

Appreciated, thank you. I wish auditioning was possible atm but I'm happy to wait a month and see which shops in my city carry these cans. I'm not sure I do want something similar to my HD660s and am happy to keep using those so want something to compliment them. I listen to...
  7. bonesy

Yeah, it makes sense, thanks. I'm erring on the side of the LCD-X atm but as I got my HD660s for the Amazon knock-down price of £310 the jump in expenditure is going to be big. I've got the bug now though and my living conditions mean that proper hi-fi purchases are impracticle. I'm...
  8. bonesy

I'm thinking of a headphone upgrade/alternative from my HD660s. Currently in the UK I can get the following brand new: Audeze LCD-2 Classic - £749. Audeze LCD-2 Shedua - £989. Audeze LCD-X (exc. case and cable) - £1,149. Focal Clear - £1,399. Are the Focals definitely worth almost...
  9. bonesy

What headphone(s) do you own ?

HD598 and HD660s. I use the SMSL SP200 and M200. If anyone can recommend a couple of headphone options I can drool over for 6 months and save up for I'd appreciate it. Ta.
  10. bonesy

SMSL M400 & M200 new dacs!

I've had channel imbalance issues that I'm trying to ignore and there was a minor hiss that only appeared with the RCAs. It's all gone with the XLRs. Even with the XLRs I can still hear sound when the volume is at 0 but I'm trying to ignore that too. At 10 o'clock they all sound amazing.
  11. bonesy

I had the Topping D50s but decided to sell that with the P50 power supply because I wasn't happy with the A50 headphone amp and wanted a matching stack. I've only spent about £20/30 for the whole replacement so it was worth it. They sound awesome. Or I should say the music sounds awesome...
  12. bonesy

I have both of these. If I knew what I was doing I'd love to rehouse them and possibly replace the volume pots/knobs. My bro did electronic engineering at uni and is pretty handy with the soldering iron. Could you recommend a couple of sites that might help us do a bit of research? Thanks in...
  13. bonesy

Please convince me to wait for the Topping A50s.

Partly curiousity. The M200 has the AKM chip and the Topping has the ESSs but I thought for the sake of 10 or 20 quid it was worth it for the lesson in what I prefer. No matter what I did with the A50 it always sounded distant and like it was producing a separate image from each side rather...
Top Bottom