Recent content by Bongoyep

1. B

Mitigating subjective bias to measure & reproduce audio.

A “back of the envelope” method to consider if the aim is to measure a headphones neutrality. E.g., not over emphasizing any aspect of the frequencies response, not adding a signifiant amount of distortion. The methods to measure & reproduce (synthesize) this less cognitively biased method...
  2. B

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Yep they were HE400. Sounded very good but too " clunky" to wear for anything but sedentary listenning. The X2's are as " clunky" looking though noticeably lighter on the head.
  3. B

What other open back dynamic headphone ,within the same price range, do you suggest competes with the X2 for low end production. FYI, it won't have a smaller driver.
  4. B

First & foremost l'm describing the X2's, which l've listened too over a few years now, in the context of producing electronic music genre's, many of which use the play off between low to mid frequencies ( e.g., producers using compression etc) to produce the auditory perception that has many...
  5. B

Hi, Have any of you guys tried the Philips Fidelio X2? (open backs 50 mm driver). They reproduce the auditory dynamism of the bass & punch of percussive music comparably satisfactory . The only other open back, mid priced, headphones l've owned that produced a discernable "bass drum a like"...
  6. B

Recommendations for a IEM with an "authoritative bass with good slam and kick".

Thanks for the replies. I've decided to go for the Westone B50's. Whilst they cost more than I wanted to spend, I'm confident that they fit my ears and are well regarded for their sound reproduction ( I liked the orignal W3's). Plus I can buy them locally which will be keeping my personal carbon...
  7. B

Small silver lining with COVID-19

I’ve settled for some Q acoustics concept 20’s dynamic speakers (plus sub) about several years ago as there quality monitor speakers ( comparably uncoloured). There has been no significant technological advancement since that time that has warranted me to replace those speakers. Therefore, I...
  8. B

Small silver lining with COVID-19

The corovid-19 is not a "blessing" in any way whatsoever. However, by self isolating, e.g., if your showing symptoms ( high temperature / cough ) or have been in close contact with anyone whom had been tested as having coronavirus, your contributing towards mitigating the spread of the...
  9. B

Recommendations for a IEM with an "authoritative bass with good slam and kick".

Hi, I'm looking for some IEM's for electronic music, i.e., well regarded for there, to quote a Westone B30 review, "authoritative bass with good slam and kick" . https://www.headfonia.com/westone-b30-b50-review/3/ I've just tried out some Fiio FH5 & whilst they have a comparably well rounded...
Top Bottom