Recent content by Brad944911

1. B

Help understanding filter phase shift compensation using delay

Thanks for that video and link. I'm going to watch and try to digest it. Maybe I am confusing GD and phase delay as you said, but are they not related? Like I said, this is confusing me to no end. I took measurements with the mathematical delays for each filter added cumulatively to each...
  2. B

DVDDoug, thanks for the answer. I get the relative shift(electrically) part, but I just can't help thinking it's all due to a delay induced by the components in the filter. I just have not had that AH HA moment yet. I appreciate the knowledge and input.
  3. B

NTK, I've studied this and at first it made sense...then I noticed the tone seemingly stayed @ 6.5Hz(sine waves never got more/less spaced) just shifted in time; you said tone is Fc/8 to 2Fc. Am I misunderstanding something? At any rate I think you are confirming that although the SIGNAL would...
  4. B

The part that really confuses me is if the filters cause a delay, then how can the phase of the output LEAD the phase of the input? Wouldn't that mean the "lead" was actually a delay of time equal to more than 180degrees of a cycle?
  5. B

Hi all, I'm beating my head up trying to understand the concept of filter phase shift and how it corresponds to signal delay and would like to bug you for a simple explanation, if there is one. My confusion lies in that, for example, an 8th order high pass(48db/oct) filter shifts phase 360...
Top Bottom