Recent content by C0mbat

1. C

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

I see that the Kickstarter campaign will provide two options. One with a single power supply and one with two power supplies. I'm easily able to hide my power supplies so would there be any sonic benefit in getting two or should I stick with one? I don't play my music above 75db and I'm only...
  2. C

DAC suggestions with minimal connections?

Thanks. I'm part way through this process. I'm pretty sure you started to help me back in Jan. I've used it to get the right crossover between the sub and speakers and to help with placement. The last step is the use of the PEQ slots. I need to find the time with family life.
  3. C

Good point. My other question should have been whether I really need to buy anything more expensive. Right now I'm feeding the analogue signal from the WiiM Pro Plus to a Kef KC62 Subwoofer and then using the high pass filter to feed two Aiyima A07 Max amps that then feed the Kef LS50 Metas...
  4. C

Hi all, Any thoughts and suggestions on next step up from the DAC in the WiiM Pro Plus? I don't need a plethora of connections. Just a digital in (from the WiiM) and then RCA outputs will be fine. I'll also be using the PEQ from the WiiM so it can be light on features. One potential feature...
  5. C

WiiM Pro Plus & Fosi Audio V3 or WiiM Amp?

With regards to the ZA3, feeding the DAC to the sub and then to the amps in mono mode negates two of the key features that add cost to the ZA3. The sub out and the balanced outputs. So you're basically getting nothing over the Aiyima. Good point on the NADs. If they allow you to use a low pass...
  6. C

WiiM Pro Plus & Fosi Audio V3 or WiiM Amp?

Choices choices! The Fosi Audio V3 isn't an option if you want to use two. It can't run in mono. I got two Aiyima A07 Max for £65 each including the 48v power supply. I'm delighted with them. Along with the WiiM Pro Plus it definitely improves on the Bluesound Powernode N330 even though they...
  7. C

First go at room measurements using UMIK-1 and REW

Brilliant! Thanks for this. Really interesting and educational. This is a rather large rabbit hole!
  8. C

Oh right. This is different to what others recommended. I'll take a look at that. Thanks.
  9. C

Thanks for this. I couldn't find his post but I get that changing the eq on above 200hz might not make sense. However, if you look at my above (yesterday) measurement in yellow, you'll see that everything above 1k is 5-10 db lower than everything below. So I'm not talking about smooth out the...
  10. C

Just one other thing. Should I be concerned that the frequency range below 1k is 5-10db above the frequencies above that? Should I be trying to bring everything above 1k up by using the shelving filter?
  11. C

Thanks. I'll take a look more closely over the next week.
  12. C

Thanks for the clarity. I'll try that. I'm a bit confused though because Kef have said in an article on their website to try a LPF of 50hz and a HPF of 70hz so I'm already higher than their recommendation. I did try a LPF of 70hz (instead of 60hz) and a HPF of 80hz and that filled the 80hz dip...
  13. C

Thanks for this. On your point 1, I'm limited with my options. I can move the speakers forwards or back a few inches but that's it. I posted a picture of my room and speakers above previously. Im not sure what you mean by bullet point 2?
  14. C

Thanks for this. Can you explain what you're trying to explain to me please? I have previously read up on the above and that's why I've kept the two filters 20hz apart.
  15. C

Thanks for this. I didn't realise that fixing dips in a bad idea but, having read up on it, I get it. What that does suggest is that increasing the LPF crossover to 70hz (which I experimented with already) in order to reduce the 80hz dip is probably a good option even if it does increase the...
Top Bottom