Recent content by chrispdx

1. C

ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Consider supporting a small company (with nice folks that answer the phone and respond to emails) based and making their cables in-house in Tyler, Texas ... Hart Audio Cables. I use their balanced TC-3: 4.4mm Pentaconn to Dual 3-pin XLR to connect the Zen DAC Sigv2 to Schiit Freya+ and it sounds...
  2. C

Please share specifically what “appropriate adapter cables for utilizing the balanced outputs” you purchased. There are outfits selling adapters that claim to turn unbalanced to balanced, but rarely is this actually the case. Also take it to your local shop and try the balanced headphone output...
  3. C

Consider the newish iFi ZEN CAN Signature HFM with filter option tuned specifically for HIFIMAN cans including yours.
  4. C

Integrated stereo amplifier with bass-management?

I see that this is the now dedicated thread for this topic, so I will compile my suggestions from other threads here. If you want to stick with active analog (so no AVR) bass management, Emotiva has a number of options (pardon if these have already been mentioned): Preamp: BasX PT1 Stereo...
  5. C

Looking for high-pass xover solution for 2.1 desk setup

If you want to stick with active analog bass management, Emotiva has a number of options: Preamp: BasX PT1 Stereo Preamplifier/DAC/Tuner ($399) with high-pass filtered line-level main outs and low-pass filtered single/mono sub preout -- but crossover is fixed at 90 Hz. Integrated amp: BasX TA1...
  6. C

Best mind bending movies you have watched so far?

Fight Club for sure ... and Christopher Nolan's Interstellar (with a soundtrack by Hans Zimmer, including some tremendous pipe organ recorded at the Temple Church in London).
  7. C

AB(x) testing of Power Amplifiers

I'd be really interested to hear the results of your evaluation of the cheap class D vs the Audioengine N22.
  8. C

HD6XX bass

Wonder what you thought of the iFi Zen CAN Signature with its dedicated HD6XX/650 button?
Top Bottom