Recent content by ChuckL

1. C

Eliminating buzz

Just left this link in the post on the Jensen isolation transformer. General articles on ground loops, common mode noise can be found is this professional web site: JH Brandt I have no affiliation - just found this nice set of articles yesterday - scroll down to see "Articles on Studio Wiring" A...
  2. C

Jensen ISO-Max CI-1RR Review (Isolation Transformer)

AES Articles on Ground Loops: Suggest looking deep into this collection of presentations and papers, way down the list concerning "Articles on Studio Wiring". Lots of professional solutions on removal of ground loops and dealing with Common Mode noise. If you are not an AES member then look...
  3. C

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

Are you aware of the latest IEM measurement gadget by AUDIX released in Nov 2020? Also on June 21, 2021, AUDIX released 2 IEMs that appear to be "deluxe.", A10 and A10X. Now waiting for someone to get these and have them tested, and compare the $1300 TM2 Earphone Test & Measurement Coupler!!
  4. C

Adam A5X Review (Powered Studio Monitor)

No sir. What I mean is: If you elect to plug the ports, (removing the apparent 1 kHz notch), this produces a quicker rolloff in the bass and it does not appear "maximally flat". This may cause you to have a somewhat more complicated task in matching to a subwoofer (using anechoic data). In a...
  5. C

Yep - I have tried partial insertion of foam, taping a 1/8" thick cloth- backed foam (car ceiling foam). Both disrupted the port resonance. With 50% masking of the ports with 1/8" foam cloth, the unit behaves ~ normally including the notch. Foams, screens, etc, are probably mostly resistive and...
  6. C

UPDATE - Using a bit more fitness with some acoustic foam (wedge) cut to fit with a slight compression fit into each port. Figure A: 1/12 Oct smoothing aimed at woofer center, 12" (0.3m) distant showing the notch removed. Figure B: 1 octave smoothed at tweeter level 1m distant (~ far field)...
  7. C

I took my Adam and tried a simple experiment. Stuffed a soft, lint free, low cal, cloth in the ports and reran the response. Here is a before-after in a room using REW. Taken at 1 meter about the centerline of the woofer. You can remove the notch, but bend the low frequency tuning. More finess...
  8. C

Fantastic report. I have been using a pair (German built) for family entertainment with a pair of small subs in a problematic cubic room. With Dirac Live and not much 'treatment', the 1K notch is not noticeable. There are MUCH bigger problems with room modes in the real world. Your lab grade...
Top Bottom