Recent content by ClaudeJ1

1. ClaudeJ1

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Not in Europe. "Pedestrians have legs to get out of the way of vehicles."
  2. ClaudeJ1

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

Used, or new Yamaha CX-A5x00's are the best performance per dollar from a "shut up and listen" point of view in a real world application. I have 3.
  3. ClaudeJ1

BUCKEYEAMPS Hypex NCx500 Amplifier 2channel Review

I like your Peter Aczel quote and your NO MQA sign. MQA also deserves a Paul W. Klipsch bull$hit Yellow button as a Distortion Generator. PWK was all about lowering Intermodulation Distortion in Loudspeakers, which is 1,000 to 1 Million times worse in Loudspeakers vs. Power Amplifiers. Yet still...
  4. ClaudeJ1

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

You can't go wrong with any of them. I got NC 400 kit, sound unheard, 8 years ago. the 500 is even better. However, the 400 is so good, I see no reason to upgrade. I even sold a Pass Class A amp after I got bruno Putzey's creation.
  5. ClaudeJ1

Crown Class-I/BCA topology

Lots of square waves in that Paper! Since moving only one electron as the smallest electrical event occurs.........matter is Digital, accumulation of this is Analog.
  6. ClaudeJ1

Crown avoided the dreaded "D" with an "H" instead in the K1 and K2 amps. Clever marketing people are always there to protect us. LOL
  7. ClaudeJ1

Operating a MosFET transistor as a switch, with low Rds On with an appropriate Toroid choke on the ass end, to turn it Analog again, is still more semantics arguments. The voltage swing notwithstanding the principle operation as a Switch. None of us are totally wrong. Capacitors excluded.
  8. ClaudeJ1

"Nothing" to do with Titles. After working with Dr. Carver Mead 22 years ago, I'm convinced ALL Digital is Analog. We just define voltage swings and thresholds with signal integrity as boolean algebra and code. Specific disciplines always apply. Fundamentally, we argue over semantics.
  9. ClaudeJ1

The mostly Digital part is what makes the Analog good.
  10. ClaudeJ1

I don't think I could without Amir's tools. (even with the abx box). Its and extra Zero in the 0,00000Something down below and only a 0.97 db difference in power output.
  11. ClaudeJ1

Except that it mostly is. Operating most of the POWER the Transistors PWM in switch mode in the final Analog section makes it more true than not.
  12. ClaudeJ1

Only for you. Who is "we." I'm always free to elaborate, I just don't want to spend the time.
  13. ClaudeJ1

Physics and too many opinions without data.
  14. ClaudeJ1

It depends on more things than your response conveys.
  15. ClaudeJ1

Duh. It's what demands proportional Signal to Noise ratio, which is wasted via idiot producers in the Loudness Wars. A systems approach that lets us do our own Dynamic Compression is what Audiophiles need.
Top Bottom