Recent content by CoolHandDuke

1. C

Trading Triangle Borea BR08 for Focal Chorus 726

I've had my set of Triangle Borea BR08 floor standers for sale. Recently I kind of changed my mind and was deciding to keep them. I got an offer today for a trade to some Focal Chorus 726. They are 2 years old in good condition. I have not heard the Focal so was curious what any of your...
  2. C

Dual Sub Frequency Response (Rythmik L12)

Thanks. Been playing around with a million different locations but keep getting nulls. I'll keep trying but at this point I'm just doing trial and error. Frustrating.
  3. C

Ok. I got this setup. What I'm noticing is adjusting the phase on the sub doesn't seem to make a difference. However, if I manually change the distance on Denon, it is smoothing out the response. My question: if I dial it in thru trial and error using Denon distance, won't running Audyssey...
  4. C

In my case I only have the 2 mains. I suppose I'm a bit lost. Will I need to measure the subs responses along with one of the speakers to get an accurate time?
  5. C

I'm not familiar with that tool. How do I set that up?
  6. C

I see. With any luck the Rhythmik has actual phase ability. Had to leave the house for a bit, but I'll keep working when I get home and update.
  7. C

Thankfully the Rythmiks have infinite variable phase, so I think I have the ability to play with it that way.
  8. C

It was late when taking measurements so I can't recall if I lowered the volume when measuring the summed subs. I think I found the tool you were referencing. I played with the theoretical phase adjustment of the further sub and moved it so the averaged response looked best (about 5.5mS of...
  9. C

Thank you. Perhaps my understanding of how multiple subs would work was flawed. I wasn't expecting perfection, but I did not expect to have more issues. It was a stretch to get the wife to okay the dual subs (even smaller sealed ones). So my options are either figure out a solution with this...
  10. C

At the request of my wife, I recently ordered a pair of Rhythmik L12s to ideally replace one Hsu VTF-2 Mk5. She wanted the white finish and smaller form factor. I figured what I'd lose in sub bass (from the larger ported design), I'd gain in more even room response. That is not happening for...
  11. C

Ascend Sierra 2 Speaker Review

I definitely see what you mean. You just hope that the manufacturers measurements are backed up by Amir's. Easy to get caught up on objective measurements, but my ears should be my guide. Still, it's nice to have both. Lol
  12. C

Ascend Sierra 2 Speaker Review

As a new owner of the 2-EX it's disappointing to see this review. I love them though, and the RAAL does something (that for me) is really special.
  13. C

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

I initially plugged into 3700, but thought it looked less than "clean" so used an older apple charging adapter. Only downside is it will be running all the time unless I physically turn it off. Fans are nice, very quiet, and can't be seen in my component rack.
Top Bottom