Recent content by D!sco

1. D

Small 2-way speakers with linear on-axis and power response characteristics (Scan Speak and SB Acoustics drivers). H&V off-axis measurements included

Did you have to match the port response "by eye"? That's always the most guesswork in VCAD for me.
  2. D

Modulus style error correction, do others use it?

Correction circuits outside of bass are very rare, though. Unless you’re thinking of FIR, which doesn’t really use a circuit more than a correction profile. A feedback circuit would have to calculate errors more quickly than the impulse response. Bass is slow enough that it’s easy to improve...
  3. D

Small 2-way speakers with linear on-axis and power response characteristics (Scan Speak and SB Acoustics drivers). H&V off-axis measurements included

Also means you could adjust it for each room. Neat. Way better than a precision port, even.
  4. D

It’s an off the shelf port so you just bandsaw a few mm off and call it good usually.
  5. D

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

They’d make more money by mass producing drivers at OEM discount prices for a company to assemble and resell than trying this themselves. No risk, all reward. It’s what they want anyways. Kit stores like PE, Madisound, DIYSG, etc. all operate as the manufacturer in this case by purchasing...
  6. D

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

Congrats on another successful DIY design reviewed. I bet an MTM would be even better given the distortion profile.
  7. D

ScanSpeak Revelator 13" subs

Can’t wait to see the results!
  8. D

2-Way speaker help

The caffeine has kicked in and I have remembered I can stop getting notifications by unwatching the thread and blocking the appropriate people. Goodbye. I do apologize for putting words in your mouth, that was a real misstep. I do feel like you missed the content for the formatting of my posts...
  9. D

2-Way speaker help

There is no dignity in what's happening here. Expectations, goals, and methods are all misaligned. Why are you picking a fight? It's over.
  10. D

2-Way speaker help

Lmao I literally posted how to make a speaker from scratch, advised against crossing a 6.5" to an AMT, and attempting to get a fullrange to play to 8hz. It's pretty amazing that you think you know more than Vance Dickason's 7th edition of speaker building.
  11. D

2-Way speaker help

Bro I dare you to look at the name of the website. I was going to ask what kind of microphone you have, but this is the deathknell of every hopeless project here. I wish you luck. You are going to need it. You need this book, not a whole forum to read it to you.
  12. D

2-Way speaker help

I would build the two-way, personally. It may be a little difficult, but not impossible.
  13. D

Planar magnetic dual membrane bass panel

I always look forward to your videos :) I think you may be interpreting my takeaways too harshly. Bass is super hard for flat drivers to accomplish without distorting, so this is all major accomplishments. Plenty of setups have that much distortion and no one complains. I bet the low pass...
  14. D

2-Way speaker help

Your goals also seem to include a huge subwoofer, but you haven't mentioned that part yet. I would recommend something for 100hz and below on a setup like this. It will let the drivers you have already selected play much better with each other. I also couldn't say for certain if a crossover...
Top Bottom