Recent content by Davidpurton

1. D

Finally, music we can buy in 768 khz sampling rates.

Absolutely.. I have a pair of adi-2's...192kHz versions. Superb dacs for sure and more than adequately spec'd for both replay...and recording. The rush to silly sampling rates is more to do with marketing than any audible differences, particularly with cd at 44.1 and most streaming 48 or...
  2. D

balanced mode radiator (BMR) speakers

Still have 4 x Fane dml Mini Pro's...picked up new and boxed for £50 per pair when prejudice was at a peak! 100Hz -20KHz..80 watts and 88dB/watt. The spec is a bit of a stretch in truth and they benefit from eq...but the closest you could get to "single driver" with a dispersion of 165 deg H x...
  3. D

Subwoofer didn't help fixing null. What do? (not buying 2+ subs) (presonus sub8 vs kali lp6)

"Moving it around your desk"?? Single subs should at minimum be placed against boundaries (walls) and possibly corner loaded although the popular choice of reflex loading leads to more problems than it solves. You could try stuffing the port which will convert the sub to a sealed of at least...
  4. D

Polk R200, Investigation Re: I am very Disappointed with Dull non HiFi sound.

It's clear in the plots. Utterly awful off axis response at hf. This is a classic problem of traditional two way speakers that take no account of off axis problems caused by different dispersion angles, particularly at crossover. The lumpy off axis power delivery accentuates room problems...
  5. D

Finally, music we can buy in 768 khz sampling rates.

Guilding the Lily of course. There is little point, as we know, in going above 96kHz which allows a filter at 48KHz...well above audibility by a country mile. It's specmanship like camera pixel count...pure marketing. I have an RME ADi-2, well two of them...they are 192Khz. With human hearing...
  6. D

What’s the perfect size for a hi-fi room?

A rt60 of between .2 and .4 is considered a good target? Of course non symmetrical room dimensions are useful too, a sloping ceiling often considered ideal. Otherwise the traditional balance of a mix of furniture/furnishings, hard and soft surfaces actually work quite well?
Top Bottom