Recent content by Doenerkunde

1. D

Nubert NuVero 60 Speaker Review

I have a question for @amirm about the lack of attenuation of the woofer: Were you able to measure the woofer on it´s own without the midrange playing? The manual of the Nuvero 60 suggests that the bi wiring terminal groups the woofer and midrange together. If that´s the case, I suppose the lack...
  2. D

Harbeth now with active version

I somehow think this will not be the final product. The product page ist not really incorporated yet and Alan Shaw is at High End Munich presenting the waveguided Version.
  3. D

Nubert trivia: The great and very well known soundtrack of german 80s cult classic "Das Boot" has been produced on Nubert speakers. Used to be a part of the brand appeal: "Nubert speakers are so linear and uncoloured that they are used as studio monitors by professionals!"
  4. D

New production three way Big bookshelf speakers

Wharfedale Dovedale might fit the bill. We have no NFS measurements of them yet, but their (not so little) little brothers (Wharfedale Linton) have been measured with very good results. But they are "Made in UK" so the price tag is rather hefty.
  5. D

Ah, sorry! The driver faceplates of the midrange and tweeter make it possible to use the same baffle for right and left speakers and still get symmetrical pairs with off center drivers. This also goes back to the NuWave series in 1997.
  6. D

They use this kind of baffle since 1997 (release of their NuWave series) and call it "sound sail" (Klangsegel in german). The "NuWave" series (that also employed this baffle) used to be their plain looking flagship series with a simple foiled corpus, while their (otherwise similar) pretty...
  7. D

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

It´s a DIY design based on the "Duetta Top" bookshelf by Udo Wohlgemuth from Bochum Germany (Sometimes called "the german DIY pope". Really pleasant character and great guy!) The AMT tweeter and honeycomb midwoofer are from Eton Germany Here is a detailed construction report...
  8. D

Purifi SoundPrism-Cumulus-F1 - new $15000 experimental weird-looking speakers?

The tweeter appears to be open in the back (dipole), so I would expect some dips and peaks due to reflections between woofer and tweeter: https://www.mundorf.com/audio/de/shop/tweeters/Air-Motion-Transformer-Dipol/?card=1
  9. D

ELAC Debut 3.0 Series announced at High End Munich

I think my loose translation may be off on this one (not a native speaker) and I misused "closing a gap". DeepL translates the passage from the linked Hifi Journal article I was referring to as follows: "In the past, Andrew Jones had a lot of influence on the tuning of the speakers. The Debut...
  10. D

ELAC Debut 3.0 Series announced at High End Munich

The new Elac Debut 3.0 series has been announced at High End Munich. Changes compared to the Debut 2.0 series: - Higher sensitivity - Aluminium dome tweeters - Concave aramid midwoofers/woofers - New waveguide without grid - Bass reflex ports on the back of bookshelf and center models - The...
  11. D

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

What do you guys think about this model? It employs waveguided Wavecor 30mm tweeters, that are regarded as some of the lowest playing dome tweeters on the market (FS in the low 400s). Manufacturers Data: https://www.wavecor.com/html/tw030wa11_12.html Independent measurements of the no...
  12. D

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I even voted "fine" on the speaker, because the "whole package" (decent efficiency, decent SPL capability, no flaws I would deem too offensive, made in USA, floorstander, 750$/pr) seems fine to me and I can see a target audience for it (and maybe because my expectations are generally on the...
  13. D

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

I generally find quasi-coaxial louspeakers interesting and there have been some attempts in the german DIY scene to implement such arrays with very small widerband drivers: Monacor Raduno https://www.hifitest.de/test/lautsprecherbausaetze/monacor-raduno-5052 Franks Circular Array FoLLgoTTs...
  14. D

All-including kit for DIY bookshelf speakers?

TLHP in France has a Seas Idunn Kit including a plywood flat pack cabinet for 318€/pc: https://en.toutlehautparleur.com/loudspeakers-diy/speaker-cabinet/bookshelf/bookshelf-speaker-kit-seas-idunn-with-cabinet-kit-speakers-and-passive-crossover-en-kit-1.html
  15. D

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I tend to toe in all speakers "on axis" because often times I do not sit in the exact center and the center image tends not to collapse as much as it would with parallel speakers. I generally find the center image to be pretty stable with the DBR62. More stable than with most speakers I had...
Top Bottom