Recent content by E-Lint

1. E

SMSL M500 MKII Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I had very much wanted the ADI-2 but wife got wind of cost. My bad.. Definitely it's gear lust, those guys just do it right and I admire them. I'm OK for now.
  2. E

I think the price may be holding it back. There are plenty of DACs/Amps around $300 and up and this one has been $500+. Mine's still working just fine, no complaints. I am satisfied with the value/performance equation but, like I said, there are many effective DACs being sold for less. This...
  3. E

Nearfield desktop setup: Elac UB52 vs Wharfedale 12.0 vs Wharfedale 12.1 or something else?

I was using an older Onkyo TX-NR626 AVR that I still had. Decent unit, plenty enough power when used 2 channel and features galore. Not special but adequate.
  4. E

Just a short followup....the headphone output works very well and will provide more opportunities to work through the different filters/colors in the 500-2. I am always very sceptical of those sorts of things but I'll keep exploring. The realism (a word I try to use without other audiophile...
  5. E

I remain very pleased with the setup. I also found that the higher gain setting on the Navis was best. I tried increasing upper frequencies via the backside switches but didn't care for it, at least on the tracks I played. So, back to flat. The different PCM filters in the 500 haven't...
  6. E

I wish I could give you a recommendation but I just don't have the experience necessary to do so. The JBL's get generally good reviews. I would check thecheapaudioman on youtube to see if he has tested them. Also Audio Science Review. There are likely others but remember the only opinion...
  7. E

Adam I hope you saw that report of mine. I will still have to put it through all the paces but I'm happy with it so far. BTW I have only streamed directly using the DAC as a PRE feeding the Navis. Using Amazon Ultra HD/LDAC. Going for more hardware hookups tomorrow.
  8. E

I actually received and set up the M500-II today but have only streamed through it via my Fire tablet. So rar no problems. I've run through the menus changing filters/colors etc. but have not found any real benefit there. I also hooked it up to a set of Elac Navis which are newly arrived and...
  9. E

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I've gotten the Navis and SMSL M500 Mk II up and running and it all sounds terrific. The Navis sound more mature, call it warmer I suppose, than the UBR -52's. The 52's are more *crystal* tinkly, great but they cry out for a sub(s) whereas the Navis punch pretty darn good. Which they should...
  10. E

Agreed. No one could physically conquer us both. We're doing our best at cultural suicide all by ourselves. We don't need further *help*. That's as political as I will get. On to happier thoughts and sounds.
  11. E

Ah yes, The Rock. Tunnels between buildings, sunny clime..... It was going to go to contractor ops (these days Raytheon) when I was leaving. Bendix, at the time, offered me three times what I was making in the AF to go there. No. I was on the listening side but the Cobra Dane is still there...
  12. E

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

I had some experience with the Sunfire (nee Carver?) small ~one foot cube in the mid 90's (a demo). It was always an amazement to me. The excursion was something to behold. Can't recall its accuracy or other characteristics.
  13. E

All I remember was that there were both weight and volume limitations and still recall the large, fabricated, cubical plywood shipping boxes. I never moved the wife overseas, just me. I went places she wasn't allowed so I never had to move a full household. I was holding orders for Shemya...
  14. E

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

Darko has a very short *unboxing* teaser on his channel that shows a fully exposed LS60 Wireless.
  15. E

You didn't miss much. It was a dead end. Every time I see the latest (kidding) 15.3 system or some such advertised I just smile. I'll take my two in front, I'm the simple type. As far as service was concerned it was a privilege. I'd do it again if they'd let me. Of course I would have to...
Top Bottom