Recent content by edoardoz

1. E

Help choosing right integrated amplifier for Snell Type C/V

Here in Italy is 220V, like (I think) all other countries in Europe. So 4A is enough? hifinet tell me to try to tighten the bolts. I see some people solved this way, some dont. Some solved with DC filter, but others says that DC filter on tube amp is not a great idea. Synthesis replaced some...
  2. E

The noise is coming from the amp itself, to be more specific from the power transformer. It is audible from 2 meters, is in low freq. When the music is playing is not audible, but in silence moments it is. It is not very loud, but if it wasn't there it would be better. It does not appear...
  3. E

For the transformer problem I called the Synthesis assitance, they tell me a little noise is normal. But I see some other people with that that say that in some cases they have the same problem but others don't. I was wondering if changing te power cable can help, and probably add a dc filter...
  4. E

I'll do a test tonight with the track you mentioned. If I can, I'll also take a photo to show the glowing tubes :D I don't have volume control from the DAC, the only way I have to control the volume is through Moode, which I always keep at 100%, and from the amplifier. What kind of test could...
  5. E

Hello here I am back, I have many things to tell you (@DanielT @Blumlein 88 @hifiamps et al). I have the dac ready, I remind you that it is the Protodac project, with the two Vishay Z-Foil resistors. To power the it I opted for the official Raspberry charger, as it is equipped with Power...
  6. E

Yes, you got it, is probably also something that need to make you happy. I often choose more with my heart than with my head :D
  7. E

For an aesthetic reason tube amplifiers are awesome, plus the best setup that I've heard was with Tektron amplifiers (made in Italy). I've seen this Synthesis Roma (also manufactured in Italy) that is discounted (3000 to 1800) and I was wondering if this sounds like Tektron or something similar...
  8. E

My CD player has a digital output, I wonder if I can use the Protodac instead of the internal DAC of the Philips CD player. If I got it right, a cd player essentially read bits, and using the digital output you can save some money if you already have a DAC. The Q7 seems good but is expensive...
  9. E

Ok thanks. Can Digi2 Pro do the same, CD player and also have a recloker which is better than the RPi 4? Is the jitter really a problem on HAT solutions, and RPi 5 is better for some reason?
  10. E

Ok thanks! You have suggested a PA with DSP, there are some advantages as compared to using DSP in Raspberry with CamillaDSP?
  11. E

I like very much the idea of the test you've made, as soon as I have time I'll listen to that. I don't know if this is your idea or a standard test, but this is very clever and reminds me of AI test for some reasons. The Prododac per se costs around 80 bucks, but with upgrades the price can...
  12. E

This seems very useful, how do you manage all of this? What kind of tools do I need, like microphones, sound card and microphone/microphones, and software? As I don't want to spend money if is not needed, I already have Presonus Audiobox USB Kit, very entry level, and a couple of Behringer C-2...
  13. E

Ok, I'm a computer programmer but as I said I'm new in this field, I've never used CamillaDSP as I don't have the Protodac in my hand yet. I think I will take some time to think about all the information you have given me before making a choice. I'll get back to you as soon as I understand...
  14. E

@Blumlein 88 As I'm new in this field, I don't know if you are right or not, because I've absolutely not idea without a proper knowledge about DACs. But, what I can tell if about what that FB group said te me about DACS: you can build DIY something that is better than commercial solution...
  15. E

I was waiting for the nice guy in the discussion to come along. I'm not looking for the perfect amplifier, I'm in the section dedicated to people new to hifi and I'm trying to clear my head just because I'm on budget. People here was really friendly and helpful, and they are helping me. What...
Top Bottom