Recent content by EGrunt

1. E

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

I purchased two these (open box) on a military base (no sales tax) over 4 years ago for $150 each, they looked brand new and they still work great to this day.
  2. E

Emotiva CMX2 AC Line Filter With DC Offset Eliminator Review and Measurements

I purchased the Emotiva CMX2 last year to help reduce a hum from a tube headphone amp and it fixed the issue. Fast forward to yesterday my Arcam AVR-850 now has a hum coming from inside the AVR-850. No issues with noise coming from the speakers. I disconnected everything from the back of the...
  3. E

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

Almost two years ago the wife of over 37 years asked me to start listening to my music via headphones. So, as they say happy wife happy life. I first purchased some open back Sennheiser HD650’s but my wife said she rather listen to my 2-channel set-up because she could hear what I was listening...
  4. E

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

First off happy holidays to everyone, I do more reading on this forum then posting and I always enjoy what I read and keep an open mind. I have always had some sort of headphone or earbud for air travel and yard work. Mostly Bose noise canceling and Apple Air Pods Max. The wife of over 37 years...
  5. E

Schiit Audio post sales experience

Early in 2022 my wife of over 36 years asked me to consider using headphones and I made the move to Schiit audio. I am using the Biforst 2/64 DAC, Lokius EQ, and Folkvangr tube amp since Sept. of 2022. Living in SOCAL I made a trip to the store front and had listen to their products. In early...
  6. E

CLosed back headphone consideration

As the title says I am looking to buy or should I say upgrade to a new closed back headphone. This all started when my trusty Astro A50's (last generation) that I bought back in 2017 stopped holding a charge last month. So I started looking for a new gaming headset. I tried several current...
  7. E

Emotiva launched new generation of BasX amplifiers

Please expand on your comment please. Over the years I had 2 Emotiva amps (XPA-2 and XPA-3) both Gen 1 amps with no issues. I sold the XPA-2 and still have the XPA-3. No issues at all.
  8. E

Emotiva launched new generation of BasX amplifiers

New member but I had no problem selling my 1st Gen XPA-2 back in 2016 when I transitioned to a Wyred 4 Sound ST1000MKII that I still use today with my Arcam AVR-850. I still have my 1st Gen XPA-3 in a box in the garage thinking I may use again some day. Maybe it is my location but in SOCAL I...
Top Bottom