Recent content by electricmonk

1. E

Advice on Active Monitors NOT for Nearfield Listening

Yes, should be able to easily hook up the jbl in stereo, but thought it was better to sum the signals? Will see at some point if I can make some room so using them as stands wouldn't be the only option.
  2. E

Got the other speaker in 2 days ago. They seem to cover the room very well placed exactly at the midpoint of either side of the room pointing in (so facing each other head on). Curious if anybody has tried a placement like this? Right this moment I have them set up in a true near field...
  3. E

Menard's and Costco

There's no such thing as "real protection" if by that you mean 100% protection. Even a slight percentage improvement could mean many people are not infected. All this being said, the true efficacy of cloth coverings and other masks at reducing infection is simple unknown at present. There is no...
  4. E

Menard's and Costco

No, this is what you said.
  5. E

Well, I have the sub and one monitor hooked up now, unfortunately the remaining one is still in transit, seems like a major delay. So I guess I have a week or more of listening in mono (really no idea though, could show up tomorrow). Already very impressed. I can say that this weird advice that...
  6. E

This is a good explanation that makes a lot of sense to me, thanks. I actually did end up going with the Neumann KH 120 A. Bought open box from different vendors, so I received just one of them today, and no XLR cable at the moment so it is just sitting on the stand making me feel frustrated. At...
  7. E

Ok, after having trouble getting an order for one of the monitors on ebay, have finally got the Neumann's and the JBL sub ordered. Thanks to everyone who gave some advice!
  8. E

Seems like it would not be difficult to get a pair of KH 120 A for a bit cheaper if I'm looking at used/open box. So at this point, I'm about 80% convinced on going with them (though maybe if Amir's review of the Presonus E5 XT happens to pop up and is very good, I'll start thinking about the E7...
  9. E

Is there a reason I can't (or shouldn't) use the unbalanced outs on the SMSL M500 for a sub like the L12? The M500 outputs on both the balanced and unbalanced outputs at the same time.
  10. E

Holy shit, no need to apologize for "indulging" yourself! This is extremely helpful! And I understand that you probably e-mailed presonus out of a personal curiosity, but thanks also for that, because I would sound like an idiot if I tried to ask anything. Seriously considering the Neumann and...
  11. E

Curious if anyone has experience with the Presonus Eris E8 or E7 XT? Also thinking about increasing my budget to go with something like the ADAM A5X (maybe a used A7X?) or in that price range, but would I simply be better off with larger drivers for my application? Feel free to encourage or...
  12. E

Thanks for these recommendations, in principal I don't have anything against hi-fi active speakers, but I already have a SMSL M500, so would kind of like to make use of the balanced outputs and it seems like getting something like this would, at least occasionally, require the use of an...
  13. E

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to get the sub sooner rather than later. What kind of dsp hardware do you use? This kind of thing is very new to me, but I can understand the value of having something like this!
  14. E

Yes, the kitchen has tile floors, cabinets, granite countertops, etc. There is also a large granite bar dividing the kitchen from the listening room at a height of 42 in, which is pretty close to ear height when I am sitting down. I would guess this in particular could be problematic for sound...
  15. E

This is very interesting, thank you! I was thinking about trying out an extreme toe in at some point, with speakers basically at either end of the room pointing in, but had no idea if that would make sense or not. Looks like a possibility!
Top Bottom