Recent content by Futility

1. Futility

How to Support Audio Science Review

Noise floor is too high when put to one's ear ;)
  2. Futility

How to Support Audio Science Review

How does it measure? ;)
  3. Futility

AV123 / GR Research X-Voce Speaker Review

That body language... Also, have you noticed his blurb about doing some anechoic tests during original AV123 speaker design?!
  4. Futility

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

They are some leftover Infinity TSS-1100 HTIB speakers that sound decent for what they are. I just used them as a placeholder to try out Atmos (before committing to cutting holes in the ceiling). They are clearly mismatched to my mains but I can still get presence/height effects every now and...
  5. Futility

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

Mine looks better than it sounds :confused:
  6. Futility

I'm a neophyte tester but I do own a couple of his line arrays. Given some guidance and tutoring I'll be willing to measure them.
  7. Futility

And like magic, the measurments appear on the store page: https://gr-research.com/product/x-voce-kit/
  8. Futility

I doubt it but owners are encouraged to discreetly call or email the company.
  9. Futility

While I can only do a basic REW measurement, I do plan on testing the two samples I have in the same environment. I will probably get a "fix kit" if GR allows me to have one. Who knows, though... they might put me on their No-Buy list :) If I do get the new X-over (or even the whole kit with...
  10. Futility

Leaving this here for posterity as that company purged their forum of heretic responses. I guess he takes us for plebes without knowledge, reason or logic who don't deserve an explanation or fix. It is this kind of hauty guru messiah attitude that makes me regret having heavily invested in his...
  11. Futility

Well, to be fair, I'm pretty sure the iron core inductor was a cost-cutting decision on the AV123's part. Though Danny did sell plenty of those prebuilt crossovers at a discount when purchased the leftover stock after AV123 bust.
  12. Futility

I'd like to thank the Academy ask the community if any of you would be interested in spending some time tinkering and try to fix this particual speaker? If you are able and willing, we could send X-Voce for you to do as you please to evaluate and improve it (if at all possible). Perhaps, one of...
  13. Futility

Perhaps, some mild moderation could be a good compromise? Delete some posts that are irrelevant to discussion or go a bit overboard on schadenfreude.
Top Bottom