Recent content by Fuzziekiwi

1. Fuzziekiwi

Revel M16 Speaker Review

I agree the DBR62's dip is noticeable but it does take the edge off certain artist's recordings, and pairs better with a lot of the music I listen to although there is a downgrade in soundstage/imaging. I listened to the M16 with and without a sub but I still couldn't convince myself to keep it...
  2. Fuzziekiwi

Revel M16 Speaker Review

I always play with placement.
  3. Fuzziekiwi

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

R200 are getting more use for me. They sound different. Both are good at low and moderate volume levels. If you're in the U.S. try Crutchfield to demo two pairs you're having a hard time deciding.
  4. Fuzziekiwi

Revel M16 Speaker Review

I just hooked up the R200's. These are exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately the M16's are going back. I'll still hook them up one more time but.. the R200 gets rid of the issues I had with the DBR62 while sounding better. Those wanting to pick up an M16 might wanna keep an eye on the...
  5. Fuzziekiwi

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

Ordered the M16 and R200 to compare to my DBR62. I don't think I can bring myself to return the R200. I think they've dethroned the DBR62. They are just very musical and offer that little bit of treble that the DBR62 is missing. They are playing pretty much every track I throw at it just right...
  6. Fuzziekiwi

Revel M16 Speaker Review

I don't always think measurements tell the whole story. They can point out certain things. They are similar in the fact they are warm tilting but they definitely sound like different speakers. Different tonality. To compensate for less bass in the M16 I had to raise the crossover point slightly...
  7. Fuzziekiwi

Revel M16 Speaker Review

Still a great speaker but the M16 is much more detailed up high, has a bigger soundstage, and better bass quality to my ears (although much less bass than the DBR62). The DBR62 is laid back, a little bassy, with some treble roll off- I could listen to these 8+ hours a day blasting without...
  8. Fuzziekiwi

Revel M16 Speaker Review

M16 came in from Crutchfield. First impressions: Interesting sounding speaker. I will preface this with the fact I have sensitive ears when it comes to treble. Reminds me a little of the Genelecs I've auditioned briefly in a studio & B&H. It's playing all genres pretty well. In comparison to my...
  9. Fuzziekiwi

Revel M16 Speaker Review

How would you compare the two? My current setup is the DBR62. Mine are coming soon but I didn't realize that the Revel were not sold in pairs sooo I just ordered the second speaker and my wallet hurts lol.
  10. Fuzziekiwi

JBL 306P MK II Review (Studio Monitor)

Scored an M16 for $360 open-box. Curious as I've never heard any of the Revel line but heard great things.
  11. Fuzziekiwi

JBL 306P MK II Review (Studio Monitor)

I'm curious if there are any bookshelves with a similar sound to the LSR series. They're just a very fun speaker to enjoy music imo and have that open high end without being harsh for me. My main thing with ELACs are that the treble sounds dull unless you blast them, they have a pretty warm...
  12. Fuzziekiwi

JBL Studio 530 Speaker Review

Speaker is in. Was listening to it last night and this morning. Goes fairly loud with no issues, and they are best at low/medium volumes, too much volume and it starts to get a little spicy ;). Haven't noticed the port noise really yet. Really great imaging, instrument separation, and detail...
  13. Fuzziekiwi

Please help! Schiit Modi 2 not being recognized anymore by Windows?

No reply from Schiit :) at all. Not even a "Sorry we can't help you".
  14. Fuzziekiwi

Desktop Speaker Stands

Gator Frameworks, although not pretty. You can adjust the height and angle. This is the lowest they go.
Top Bottom