Recent content by gamerpaddy

1. gamerpaddy

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

looks good. what did you do to fix the crackle?
  2. gamerpaddy

the powersupply filters out quite good, and the amp is shielded. even when i have my phone sitting on top i cant hear any interference. what dac are you using? do you go from unbalanced rca to balanced? a fully symmetric chain from dac to amp usually cancels out any noise from outside.
  3. gamerpaddy

Topping PA5 fix - D01 Module Replacement for everyone

50V ceramic smd capacitors, the most common type. you only go 25v or lower if you need more capacity .. like 10uF or more. not needed here. my pa5 runs all 4x opa1612 no problem, but you dont get any benefits, it doesnt sound better or anything it just costs more.
  4. gamerpaddy

the tpa3255 doenst have a negative supply, its output cant go blow ground level so you need two outputs that push one after another so ground level is on positive and negative for each half cycle. technically its possible to float the outputs at vcc/2 if the tpa doesnt kick any protection...
  5. gamerpaddy

i test every module i made before shipping it out, ordering them yourself at the pcb fab is cheaper but also means you gotta put time and money into it in case something doesnt work. if he had a oscilloscope and know how schematics are read he could check the signal path properly to pin point...
  6. gamerpaddy

@Jukka i definately would buy another pa5 if its just 50 bucks, even tho i dont need another one. due to my repair hobby i collected some neat stuff over the years, some big boys like asr emitter, accuphase, yamaha 1000' series, nad, rotel.. but i still prefer and use the pa5 for listening 99%...
  7. gamerpaddy

pm me if you want one.
  8. gamerpaddy

no it doesnt but i forget to turn it off almost every time since its so quiet when nothing is playing. its then running for days until i notice it you could put it on a master-slave outlet where as your preamp is your master and switches the amp when you turn it on.
  9. gamerpaddy

you could try removing the potting compound of the module. its not easy, but without it, theres no reason it could fail anymore. havent tried soaking it in liquids like isoproplyalcohol or acetone, maybe if its sitting in there for a week or two it might dissolve that nasty stuff otherwise, the...
  10. gamerpaddy

pm me @ShadowNeko if you want a replacement module to fix your pa5. still got a few.
  11. gamerpaddy

ask your guy to swap the left and right opamps and see if the problems moves with it. if yes, one or more opamps is dead on that side, if not, problem is somewhere else
  12. gamerpaddy

which channel is faulty? if its the left one.. this pin doesnt seem to be soldered to the pad below. try poking it with a wooden toothpick while the amp is turned on and hear if the problem goes away.
  13. gamerpaddy

this opamp looks different there should be two NE5532 and two OPA1612 but even mixed up they should work unless one is dead on arrival or died while working on it. cant read component values but they seem to be placed by the chinese fab anyways, look good to me. solder joint on the left...
  14. gamerpaddy

he must have made a mistake or missed a solder joint. both channels are built identical. maybe ripped a trace when desoldering the old module. see https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-pa5-fix-d01-module-replacement-for-everyone.44219/post-1729797 if he ripped a...
  15. gamerpaddy

A Call For Humor!

30 minutes of esotheric comedy
Top Bottom