Recent content by gonzoznog

1. gonzoznog

Gustard R26 R2R DAC with roon

It's worth it, bud! The R26 sound incredible through speakers due to it's imaging, detail and wide sound stage.
  2. gonzoznog

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

I just ordered the M500 MkII over this SU-9n. Did I make a mistake? I plan to use the M500 primarily as a DAC...
  3. gonzoznog

SMSL M500 MKII Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Ended up finding a good deal on an Open Box M500 MkII. I am pretty excited!
  4. gonzoznog

After doing more research, I am torn b/n this M500 MKII, a VMV D1SE or the DO200. I like nearly everything about this, but am hesitant bc of the "DAC concerns" people have expressed. Wondering how much extra performance I would get by going with one of the more expensive choices. I do plan on...
  5. gonzoznog

Which fuse would you suggest for this upgrade? Both for a D70S and a M500 MkII [if available].
  6. gonzoznog

I was thinking about getting one of these. Is it worth spending a bit more for this over the Sabaj D5? [$440 vs $370] I see the D5 seems to have a bit of the ESS IMD Hump while this does not. I plan to use this almost exclusively as a Pure DAC. I am a bit concerned by the commenter that said...
  7. gonzoznog

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

I think it's worth it to upgrade from the SU-8. I previously had one. It was just aight... I think the D70s is a clear step up if you want Delta-Sigma or a Schiit Bifrost or Denafrips ARES II if you wanted to go R2R. Just my $0.02.
  8. gonzoznog

Topping D70s - Playback goes silent randomly

Thanks for the firmware update. This helped a lot. Still not 100%, but much better. Had to reconfigure all the settings both for the DAC and through Tidal. EDIT: While using MQA files, does the D70s only display the original bitrate of the source material and not what it is "unfolded" to...
  9. gonzoznog

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

I am still enjoying my D70s. I think it sounds especially good with my Bottlehead Crack Tube Amp and DSD, of course. As mentioned, the best Delta-Sigma chip based DAC I have heard.
  10. gonzoznog

Again, I'm speaking about my experiences from memory, but I used to own an RME ADI-2 Pro and definitely prefer the D70s over it, sound-wise at least.
  11. gonzoznog

Mine just arrived. I definitely think this better than the D70 I had, although I am going from memory. The biggest difference that's immediately noticeable to me is the better extension and slam to the bass. Definitely enjoying it so far, especially with DSD. I plan on running a Pi2AES > AES or...
  12. gonzoznog

For anyone interested, on the D70s the "Pure DAC mode" does indeed bypass internal PCM conversion, allowing for bit-perfect Native DSD. Just got an email confirmation from Topping. Probably a dumb question, but I was wondering if anyone has heard both the D70 and the D70s and describe whether...
  13. gonzoznog

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Only if you need DSD, IIRC.
Top Bottom