Recent content by hardisj

1. hardisj

GR Research LGK 2.0 Speaker Review (A Joke)

Dayton employs their own engineers. I know a few of them personally.
  2. hardisj

I also told you this in the same quote you pulled from above. (and, no, I didn't edit it in after seeing your reply since I posted it hours ago and you can see the timestamp in the edit ;))
  3. hardisj

I disagree. But I've already given all my reasons why. If you don't feel like exploring it further because you find it unnecessary then that's perfectly fine. You've got enough to do I'm sure. Just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention, though, that something is indeed weird about those...
  4. hardisj

Understood. I figured you had ran it the same as you had for all others. So, the question still stands... wth(eck) is going on with this speaker for it to be showing those attributes?...
  5. hardisj

I said 1/20th above in the same quote you pulled the above from: I use 1/20th to purposely match that of the FR I am providing. So, what is the usual impedance resolution you provide then? Are you saying this is at a higher resolution than you normally provide? Surely not (I am hoping you...
  6. hardisj

I've been measuring drive units and speakers for well over a decade now and have run into every possible oddity one can. I'm telling you, I have never, ever seen a speaker that exhibits the resonance issues this one does at the impedance peaks. The closest I have seen is when a speaker is...
  7. hardisj

Pasted here: Cleary that is in the cabinet. The double impedance bump is the tell-tale sign of a ported enclosure. That said, those measurements don't matter much here because the ones Amir shows are so vastly different in their "noise" at the tips of the impedance bumps. I wonder if this...
  8. hardisj

These impedance resonances are a strong indication that something is not right with this speaker build. I'd take the driver out and sweep it by itself to verify it's not the driver. It could be the driver. Though, based on my experience, what I'm seeing here indicates an issue with the...
  9. hardisj

NEW PURIFI 8'' MWoofer [PTT8.0X04]

copy/paste. I'll fix that. Thanks for the heads up.
  10. hardisj

Active Curved Beyma 15MC700nd/AE TD12M/TPL150H

Not sure why the photo isn’t showing but here it is again.
  11. hardisj

Active Curved Beyma 15MC700nd/AE TD12M/TPL150H

@morpheusX asked me chime in here. Apologies if this post doesn't fit the current discussion (I haven't read this full thread and am extremely limited on time at this moment). But hopefully it is helpful... GP can be tricky for sure. I recommend GP for LF/MF and gated off-ground for MF/HF...
  12. hardisj

HiFi axioms

If it doesn't show up in the measurements but does show up in the impedance then something is wrong somewhere. of course measuring phase of the drivers is important. But the phase of the completed speaker (as I said earlier) doesn't tell us anything that isn't in the FR. The FR (phase +...
  13. hardisj

NEW PURIFI 8'' MWoofer [PTT8.0X04]

:D :D :D
  14. hardisj

Fluid Audio Image 2 Review (Monitor Speaker)

When you guys are comparing this to the DD8C, you're forgetting one crucial element: the DD8C is cardioid. This Fluid speaker is not. It's apples to oranges.
Top Bottom