Recent content by Head_Unit

1. H

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I'll believe it's Vrms but unless I'm going blind it doesn't actually say that, like the one right below which says "(Watts)." ?!?
  2. H

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I am guessing that since those power supplies are like a standard item for computers (I think??) integrating into a fairly larger enclosure might increase the cost more than we might think offhand. I'd be interested in @Fosi Audio's comments about that. @amirm this should be titled "...dbW" at...
  3. H

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

There is some amount of extra HF (50%*) but that's a lesser factor. What happens is if the gain gets turned way up then treble peaks of at most a couple watts can turn into tens of watts and POOF goes the tweeter. Not my insight, it's from here https://www.aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=5737...
  4. H

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

One of my plans when I win the lottery is to start a speaker company with a somewhat different yet very similar tweeter array and blow all my advertising budget touting how my array is superior. And I'll feature MORE holes in the bottom! And promote how it is "aperiodic"!
  5. H

Let's stop calling Class D amplifiers "efficient" when they are not.

I had an Adcom and then my brother, liked them. And a buddy and I couldn't easily tell the difference between $15 and $1000* but nevertheless I think of the Adcoms as having a kind of slight dry or etched sound, whatever those words even mean in this context...
  6. H

Never smoked? Or just never inhaled? :D
  7. H

It's unclear to me what you mean by that: - Dump the Yamaha multichannel which has a lot of processing chips inside and use a compact class D = less heat. I have an Aiyima A07, no heat at all. BUT that depends on how much heat the Yamaha is putting out in the first place. Can you put your hand...
  8. H

Break from Tekton Thread

Seems to me that might be caused by @Graham849's "Corned Beef with garlic and onion, stag chili beans, mi goreng noodles" o_O
  9. H

Break from Tekton Thread

Estas en Panama? O Costa Rica? Es seguro manejarse por allí?
  10. H

Why preamps or DACs really should have high pass filters

Like when I missed the email yesterday morning about a meeting after work (which I'm supposed to take minutes of, oops). Or in a different case, when I literally never got an email my boss sent at all. In his sentbox, never arrived to me. Literally just lost.
  11. H

Recommended reading for new comers and inquisitive minds.

Oh the "Resorces"-I thought those were kind of general reading links though on closer observation I see some are research papers. My comment is more that to a general reader the article is interesting but doesn't direct offer evidence of those assertions...which maybe doesn't matter a lot. I am...
  12. H

Apple Music Atmos to an AVR, but no Apple TV, how?

Is this still the status in 2024? And, does this mean everything upsamples from 44 to 48k as Apple TV used to do and I presume still does? (Begging the question is the Atmos at 48k or 44k or what?)
  13. H

now I can! But there must be a lag or something, it wasn't there when I responded
  14. H

Recommended reading for new comers and inquisitive minds.

It's a nice article but without any evidence or proof. I think the basic thesis that "human sound perception is very fallible" is a good one to pursue here...the extension of which is "you CANNOT draw conclusions from audio tests which aren't really well controlled* AND blind" *like matching...
  15. H

Good question, I cannot find a real image of that. All their other stuff is RCA so I am certain the PFMOD as well.
Top Bottom