Recent content by HolgerRune

1. H

Pairing CD player (XLR: 2V output) with amp. (XLR: 4V input)

I have just recieved this from the manufaturer in Italy: "The value is correct, we changed that 3 years ago with the CD-1000 mkII because the majority of our international partners preferred having the same output level to match the unit easily even with different amplifiers around."
  2. H

The GoldNote CD-1000 mkII deluxe do not have tubes in the standard version. The player can be equipped with the TUBE-1012/006, which is an external class A tube output stage.
  3. H

My current Lyngdorf CD-2 works just fine along with my Marantz PM-10 via XLR-interconnects. Actually the Lyngdorf it's a very well built player. However, once in a while it's nice to try out new gear. And having demoed the GoldNote CD-1000 mkII deluxe recently, I simply cannot resist that piece...
  4. H

https://www.goldnote.it/digital-sources/cd-1000-mkii/. According to the manufacturer the XLR output level is in fact 2V rms in 50ohms.
  5. H

My Lyngdorf CD-2 have an output level of 7V, 100 ohms balanced and Marantz' own SA-10 SACD player 5V, 200ohms blanced. I'm concerned, I will run into problems if I combine my Marantz PM-10 amplifier with the Goldnote CD-1000 mkII deluxe which is only 2V, 50ohms balanced.
  6. H

I find the specs here: https://www.goldnote.it/digital-sources/cd-1000-mkii/. According to the manufacturer the XLR output level is 2V rms in 50ohms.
  7. H

I have a Marantz PM-10 integrated amplifier. I want to pair it with a GoldNote CD-1000 mkII deluxe CD player using set of 3 ft long balanced interconnect cables. The player has an output voltage of 2V, 50 ohms. The Marantz PM-10 amplifier features an input level of 4V through the balanced...
  8. H

ISOTEK EVO3 Aquarius Power Conditioner Review

I bought the EVO3 Aquarius - but only after I had blindtested the device for about an hour. "Don't do anything for your audio system", you say....?! How do you explain the vast, very significant audible improvement it makes to an audio system? The perceived differences are not at all subtle -...
Top Bottom