Recent content by IamJF

1. I

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

When the "chancellation" from ART works it really should reduce outside SPL - but I don't think it's a lot. But I see no reason that it would increase it. Simply EQ to flat already reduces outside noise cause when you fight those +15db room resonances these can't disturb the neighbourhood as much.
  2. I

Nubert NuVero 60 Speaker Review

You didn't show the vertical plots of the Sierra ... here you are: And these are really bad ... You see 2 problems - how a tweeter with long vertical dimension behaves. All of them. Very strong fall off and uneven fall of at high frequencies. These frequncies are missing in the room, the...
  3. I

Also from the homepage: "Der Hochtöner der nuVero Serie ist auf eine möglichst breite Abstrahlung ausgelegt." Exuse me? -25dB @20kHz and @30° only? -10dB at 15kHz? This is a wide dispersion tweeter: https://hificompass.com/en/speakers/measurements/bliesma/bliesma-t25a-6 -2dB @20kHz and @30°...
  4. I

And again it shows that making an acoustical horrible baffle just for the looks leaves it's traces .... The tweeter has a lot of beaming starting already at 8kHz ... but doesn't look that big? Very wide surround? Edit: Just read the writing about their "Klangsegel" ... what a ... strange...
  5. I

Neumann KH120 II Monitor Review

20Hz would be a stretch cause it has a filter around the resonance frequency of the reflex tuning. But for just listening to music dynamic EQ is for sure a good option, esp when the speaker manufacturer implements it reasonably.
  6. I

I would estimate they would just support the left and right speaker as usual. It's only <150Hz, there will be a lot of mono content anyways there.
  7. I

In the Studio world we don't want the speaker to fool around with dynamic EQ - you must be sure the speaker behaves the same at every listening level. Imagine you cross over to a woofer and the speaker changes it's lf behaviour ... You could just boost the bass with MA1 and it will limit at...
  8. I

Seems like you need an acoustic concept and a good, transparent screen first ;-) You can hide most of your tech with a big screen and some nice ceiling panels - watching and listening experience also improves when there are no speakers, just the music.
  9. I

I think KH120ii + KH750 gives more value as 2x KH150. It's simply a budget point of view. KH150 is only a little louder as KH120ii and a little more narrow sound radiation -> better for wider distances but the difference is - little. Price difference is more as a little. So I would invest it...
  10. I

I would suggest at least KH120ii for your room and distance and when you need deeper bass just add 1-2 KH750 over time. You can (and should?) use the digital input of these speakers and add a device for streaming and digital volume control. (WiiM would work but has no volume knob) MA1 will...
  11. I

StormAudio ISP Evo review by Stereophile

That's exactly what I always experience after good room measurements. (Neumann MA!, Dirac or manually). It sounds "right" afterwards - you can trust what you hear (more important for mixing/mastering with Neumann but nice to have at home)
  12. I

You can restrict dynamics with dolby night mode in every BD player and Receiver I know. It's just named differently sometimes. And many people don't know about it ;)
  13. I

Nah - my woofers are sufficiently dimensioned and "housemates" are brave ;-) But I really don't understand all the whining about dialogue and dynamics when every BD player or amp can help with that.
  14. I

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

We can hear directivity through level difference between our ears and time delay between our ears. Therefore the about 17cm distance between our ears are the "baseline". And as we are VERY good in hearing loactions with wide band signals - at a wavelength of 4,3m ... you can't locate it. No...
  15. I

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

Yeah - that's what I meant with technical mistake. Beatles also did a lot of this - they didn't know better at these times and experimented with stereo. You can put your drums and bass to one side of the panorama and still divide that low frequency load to both of your speakers. But nowadays...
Top Bottom