Recent content by Ido

1. I

Fixing Technics speakers - some questions

Thank you all very much! A lot to think about for sure. I'll continue to learn and educate myself on speaker construction. Appreciate everyone's input. Cheers!
  2. I

I've been reading and learning about crossover networks for about 2 hours now.. I don't know what's in the cab currently but to my understanding I'll need a 3-way passive crossover (correct?). I think I can find the x-over, 2 woofers, 2 mids, 2 tweeters at around 200$. for me- it's worth it. I...
  3. I

Thanks guys. I'm not going to buy new ones just yet. I'm in it for the learning experience and the pleasure of "making stuff work". Can anyone point me to good documentation on crossover- what is it and why do I need to worry about it.. I thought I'd be removing 2 wires from current drivers...
  4. I

no, the one in the other cab is completely bust. I'm not sure what does "crossover point" mean but I promise to do the research!
  5. I

Wow. Thank you for your input everybody! @hex168 thanks for the links - very helpful! Okay - So I will try and replace all three (in both cabs) - This is just for fun and learning. I understand this is not top-shelf but it's great for my living room, if the replacements are at least as good as...
  6. I

Hi there! Ido from New Jersey here. I hope everyone's feeling good and enjoyed the long weekend. I have a pair of Technics SB-K22 speakers. I've had them for many years and they still work but the diaphragm and the dust cap are torn and need to be replaced (see image) . If you could answer the...
Top Bottom