Recent content by ILikeMusicToo

1. I

A streaming blast from the past: Roku SoundBridge M1000

Another possibility if you don't mind typing a bit, which avoids the hassle of downloading and opening new files, is to just mouse over the .m3u or .pls link WITHOUT clicking it, and look at the bottom left of your browser. You'll see the url that link would go to; manually type out the part...
  2. I

If you click on one of the .pls and .m3u links that you see on the left of their information about each streaming station you will download a .pls or .m3u file. Open your Downloads folder and right-click on the .m3u or .pls file and choose "Open With" and select Notepad from the choices. If...
  3. I

I pulled mine out recently too, and was disappointed that the built-in streaming radio service doesn't work any more, because Roku turned off the server. BUT there's a nice workaround :) If you find out the URL of your roku (which you can do in the System Configuration menu) you can point a...
  4. I

I found an abx test on a website

I'm going to work my way up from the lowest quality and see where the test tells me I'm scoring at the level of chance. I just did the 96k mp3 vs lossless and, thank the audio gods, I passed with 80% correctly identified. This was on my laptop with a Dragonfly Black USB dac and a set of...
  5. I

Great responses everyone, thank you :) I've enjoyed my Spotify account with its 320k mbps format though always felt a bit guilty about it, but no more! I'm taking delivery of my first subwoofer today, the well reviewed Dayton Sub 1200. I look forward to hearing what it does to the sound of my...
  6. I

That's really interesting, thank you for the reply. At what point, dollar-wise, would you say a well set up system (speakers in the right place etc) would be capable of revealing an appreciable difference between lossless and lossy? My system is about $US 2,000 and is in a dedicated room. I...
  7. I

Hi everyone, I have wondered, as I'm sure many of you did, if my system could play music well enough to let me distinguish between lossy and lossless streaming music. I'd tried comparing my FLAC CD rips to the same album streaming on Spotify (I don't have Tidal/Qobuz) and honestly couldn't hear...
Top Bottom