Recent content by intaud

1. I

NEW PURIFI 8'' MWoofer [PTT8.0X04]

I'm thinking of building a 2-way with this driver and a Tectonic BMR. I would crossover around 500Hz. A sealed enclosure to keep it fairly compact and a MiniDSP Flex for the crossover and EQ.
  2. I

Hypex NC502MP/Ghent Build?

Thanks for the inquiry, Thibodeaux. Essentially my amp and the Buckeye (Ghent build) are identical, using the same components. When I first made this offer, it appeared Buckeye had very long lead times and I could provide something sooner. It turns out that’s not the case as I believe Buckeye...
  3. I

I would like to add that no payment would be required until your unit is ready to ship. Then credit card payment can be made via a PayPal invoice. Thanks, Dave
  4. I

Hello everyone. I’m considering building a batch of Hypex NC502MP based amps in the Ghent Audio enclosure. If I get enough orders I will go ahead with the build and the price will be $700 (plus shipping) for ASR members. Depending on the response I estimate shipping in the March timeframe. For...
  5. I

If "Tube Sound" Is a Myth, Why Tubes?

I appreciate the feedback and good suggestions! I am using a MiniDSP HD for EQ and was mostly interested in measuring the acoustic distortion difference between the current drive amp and the Hypex (voltage) amp. I did not spend much time subjectively listening between the two. I think your...
  6. I

If "Tube Sound" Is a Myth, Why Tubes?

I apologize if my post is too far off-track for this thread. I've experimented with current drive and have seen improved results over voltage drive in specific applications. Most recently using DML's (Distributed Mode Loudspeaker) with a single exciter (supplemented by separate enclosed...
  7. I

Continental removes car speakers entirely, replaces with actuators. What!?

I've built and been using DML flat panel speakers for about 2 years now. The 1'x2' flat panels are carbon fiber skins over a honeycomb Nomex core. Each flat panel has a single 20watt exciter. The LF response only goes down to around 200Hz. I supplement the LF with 8" woofers in their own...
  8. I

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Are you using 2-pole or 4-pole SpeakON connectors? Just asking because the link from geronimo1958 is for a 2-pole.
  9. I

SOLD! Hypex NC502MP Amp

Hi, yes it is. Let me know if you have any questions.
  10. I

SOLD! Hypex NC502MP Amp

I have for sale a Hypex NC502MP based amplifier. This is a new first build of a line of class D amplifiers I'm planning to offer. The final production version will likely have some modifications. The price for this unit is $500 plus shipping (US only). I will offer a 14 day trial period...
  11. I

Arm cable RCAs into mic pre XLRs

Make sure its off or your volume is turned down before you do it.
  12. I

Serge is correct regarding noise with an open-circuit mic input. Short pins 2 and 3 on the preamp input XLR with a paper clip just to test that the noise is reduced. Dave
  13. I

I believe the MC cartridge has 4 wires for the left and right channels. Each channel needs to be connected to its own input on the preamp, so you would need two RCA to XLR cables. The single ended input impedance of the TRP is about 16k ohms. The typical source impedance of a MC cartridge is...
  14. I

I think the following should work. Connect the RCA sleeve wire to pin 1 on the XLR then jumper pin 3 to pin 1 on the XLR. By the way what mic preamp are you using and what are you using for the RIAA eq? I was thinking of trying something similar. Thanks, Dave
  15. I

A Call For Humor!

Rockwell Retro Encabulator
Top Bottom