Recent content by jdoe

1. J

Aune AR5000 Headphone Review

When I saw their new dacamp Aune S17 Pro (https://cdn02.plentymarkets.com/dvw13795n3e0/frontend/Aune_S9c/Aune-S9c-DAC-HeadphoneAmp.jpg) for the first time I though headphones on the photo is Susvara, but it is actually new model from Aune. It looks almost identical from the distance.
  2. J

TOPPING HS02 coming

Did anyone try to run HS-02 for both data and power transfer? I've tried to use it for USB-Powered interface by connecting power-bank and separate usb-charger, but in both cases HS-02 gets extremely hot (could cause burns, ~80 degrees Celsius). As data-only transfer it works fine, just gets a...
  3. J

iD4 & iD14 MK II - Audient updated their Audio Interfaces

Aliexpress ships them very cheap: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005887953601.html?sku_id=12000034714002141
  4. J

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

I've ordered one few days ago and will be using it with L50. Will post an update in couple weeks, when SU-1 arrive.
  5. J

New Topping D70 pro

Who knows what is the difference between ES9039SPRO and ES9039MSPRO? Because SMSL Su-9 Pro looks quite similar to the Topping D70Pro, but costs 500 USD instead of 700USD.
  6. J

Topping E50 into L30 II (unbalanced) & L50 (balanced) - Different sound. Why?

Hi @Lambo1985, maybe it is too late to reply, but afaik L30II and L50 have different crosstalk (-90db for L30II and -120db for L50). This could be the reason why L50 sounds slightly more open.
  7. J

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

Nice box, the only questions is how did SMSL squeeze MQA in 80$/device, because usually it is up to 50$/device extra for MQA. Did MQA licensing policy changed or price reduced recently?
  8. J

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

L50 single ended, if you need an actually balanced headamp you might need to look for L70. But please keep in mind that L70 does not have bypass in comparison to the L50.
  9. J

I see, in that case I suspect your iD4Mk2 might have factory defect. I can only advise to return it if it is still possible and try some other interface(s). One more note: if you have someone around with Windows desktop/laptop, please try to verify if your iD4Mk2 behaves similarly on different...
  10. J

Both ID4 MK2 and ID14 MK2 (which I have) heavily depend on the power delivery of USB cable. Some folks even create custom cables, where USB power-lines and data-lines are separate (see some old ID14 mk2 review - USB power-lines are connected to the charger directly, but data-lines are keep...
  11. J

New Topping DAC

Almost none of them are measuring as good as topping/smsl/sabaj for this price. Please keep in mind, that basic "soup set XMOS+OPA+ESS", commonly found in no-name brands products, usually sound worse than 5 year old devices from same well known brands like topping. Without proper R&D...
  12. J

New Topping DAC

A30Pro is not fully balanced, it is single ended, regardless of balanced input. You probably mean A50s, which is fully-balanced, but in terms of output power is not near comparable to the L70. Also A30Pro was designed in mind to be more suitable for the low output impedance of D30Pro. Also...
  13. J

New Topping DAC

What is wrong with all dissatisfied people in the comments above? Topping just added another great DAC/HPAMP combo to the market, which perfectly fits in the price range sub 400USD (previously there was a gap, between E50 250USD and next topping DACs, which were close to 500USD). L70 is a...
  14. J

SMSL M500 MKIII DAC & Amp Review

What is the crosstalk for the line out and for the headphone amp? Did anyone measure it?
  15. J

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

How about basic extension cord, like https://www.amazon.com/GE-Extension-Perfect-Kitchen-51954/dp/B00178HJ6C/?th=1 ?
Top Bottom