Recent content by Jerry Sobel

1. Jerry Sobel

KEF Ci200RR-THX In-ceiling/In-Wall Speaker Review

I just had 4 of these installed in my ceiling for front and back Atmos speakers and I have been very happy with them. I am super glad that Amir has recommended them
  2. Jerry Sobel

Recommendations for home passive subwoofer amplifier

Thanks for the reply. The reason I ask is because I recently had two in ceiling KEF Ci250RRb subs installed. I already have two floor based power subs. I was putting in atmos speakers and I wanted to try these in ceiling subs. I was running my first Dirac Live two nights ago and all of the...
  3. Jerry Sobel

Recommendations for home passive subwoofer amplifier

What is the difference between a subwoofer amp and a regular amp? In other words can I run a passive subwoofer off of a 7 channel 250W per channel amplifier or is a dedicated subwoofer amp the way to go and why?
  4. Jerry Sobel

Audient iD4 Audio Interface Review

What were the duty charges?
  5. Jerry Sobel

Atmos set up- in ceiling vs upfiring

I have Dirac Live 3 on my AV processor. I would love to do 7 ear level speakers but my room does not allow for it as one side it opens to my kitchen and the other is a glass sliding door to my backyard.
  6. Jerry Sobel

Atmos set up- in ceiling vs upfiring

I want to set up Atmos to my 5.2 system. I have read that upfiring tend to work poorly and it is best to go with in ceiling speakers. It is all a confusing mess really if you take a deep dive into the topic. Thoughts and opinions welcome. Also, for in ceiling speakers does one go with an amiable...
  7. Jerry Sobel

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Did you buy direct from the company? It is not on Amazon US as of yet
  8. Jerry Sobel

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

I guess to connect by USB one would have to get a USB B to C cable. Does that pose any issues?
  9. Jerry Sobel

Revel M106 Bookshelf Speaker Review

These will sit on a back shelf. I would then send my current speakers to have them evaluated.
  10. Jerry Sobel

Revel M106 Bookshelf Speaker Review

Would it be overkill to use these speakers as my rear speakers in a 5.2 surround system?
  11. Jerry Sobel

Understanding Jitter in Digital Audio: Measurements and Listening Tests

Great video! So what is the purpose of these very expensive clocking devices? Is it to really make a change (your video says otherwise) or is it to make money by selling snake oil?
  12. Jerry Sobel

PS Audio Noise Harvester Video Review

So if audio component companies that sell a lot of different products sell something like this device which I consider to be fraudulent then how can you trust that anything else they sell is what they say it is?
  13. Jerry Sobel

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

Hmmm, I think I will wait until their customer service has improved. It must be a bit frustrating.
  14. Jerry Sobel

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

I own Benchmark amps which I believe have a 4 volt output. I also have a preamp between my DAC and amps- the Benchmark LA4.
  15. Jerry Sobel

Do Fancy Audio Cables Make a Difference? (video)

I have a VPI classic signature table and their 3D printed arm
Top Bottom