Recent content by jimbill

1. J

BACCH4 Mac ORC recommended recordinings?

NTK and Kemmler3D. And I said I had my doubts, not that I knew.
  2. J

Please go to my post about it being TAS Product of the Year. Page two has a couple of examples.
  3. J

I agree. So many times, people who haven't heard it write it off as a gimmick or that the same thing can be achieved with room treatment. And then there are the ones who say it artificially changes the music and the artists' intent. And lastly, there are the ones who say they have heard it...
  4. J

So, Boom sounded the same or better than BACCH? Or are you saying B&O 90 speakers accomplish the same thing? Boom at $20 is a deal, B&O 90's at $120,000, not so much. Toeing in does not cancel crosstalk. I have Martin Logan speakers. Toeing in makes a big difference with them because they are...
  5. J

BACCH4Mac "Absolute Sounds Product of the Year 2024"

You had mentioned that your speakers weren't overly directional, so that is why I wondered about your XTC readings. Those are really good numbers, so I don't think you're missing anything. I also have Anthem that came with my Martin Logan speakers. The ORC gives me a much flatter FR than you...
  6. J

I wonder if he offers a free trial for the ORC. It doesn't look like it on the site.
  7. J

What speakers do you have? What kind of XTC numbers are you getting? Do you have ORC?
  8. J

Dr. Edgar Choueiri explains BACCH

How does BACCH enhance the spatial realism in the reproduction of acoustical recordings made in real acoustical environments? Crosstalk cancellation (XTC) techniques, such as BACCH, suppress the sound recorded on the left (right) channel of a stereo recording at the right (left) ear of the...
  9. J

If we're going on purely what the engineer wanted, weren't most recordings done in the 60's and 70's done through studio monitors designed to replicate what would be heard through a car radio? At least pop and rock? Is that a good standard for today's high-end stereo systems? And just as an...
  10. J

Why is his experience any more real than mine? Is his feedback non-biased because it is negative? And I'm not into expensive products just for the cache. I came upon this by pure accident. I got the Intro, enjoyed it, and finally upgraded to the Audiophile because it made an even bigger...
  11. J

I agree completely. I was listening to The Beatles (White Album) remaster last night and was blown away. The spacing was fantastic and I heard details I'd never noticed before. Hit the bypass and it sounded so much less.
  12. J

BACCH has an application for headphones. I've never heard it. With headphones, the music is positioned in and around your head, not a true listening environment. Supposedly with the BACCHhp this problem is solved. People have reported that they thought they were listening to their speakers...
  13. J

Where are you getting the idea that the recordings have to be made for BACCH for it to work? I've listened to hundreds of stereo recordings through it and every one of them benefits from BACCH. Orchestral recordings from the "Living Stereo" era are phenomenal. CSN&Y albums are a new experience...
  14. J

What electronic audio products you want tested most

BACCH4Mac. Much discussion and so little understanding. It would be nice to test and explain the science.
  15. J

I have Martin Logan 13a's. The sweet spot is inches wide. Like I said, it can get tiring trying to stay in it. With the BACCH headtracking you can make it as wide as you want. During the setup the program asks you to put your head in center location, then asks you to lean your head hard right...
Top Bottom